Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Have to pay to Unlock Controller RMX?? - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

lapenaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Hi There!,
I purchased an RMX controller and virtual DJ Infinity license, but now that I have upgrade to VDJ 8 it said that to unlock my RMX controller I have to pay $99? also when i try to add the controller license it said that the license is for VDJ 7 and I need to check my licenses. I still can use the controller but wonder if I will have issues on the future.

Thanks!

Posted Mon 02 Jun 14 @ 1:58 pm
If you have Pro Infinity and you have logged into the software then you do not need to unlock anything.

If you haven't logged in then do this and the controller will function as expected.

Posted Mon 02 Jun 14 @ 4:51 pm
lapenaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Thanks! I was worry that I miss something on the installation

Posted Mon 02 Jun 14 @ 5:44 pm
Ok, so i bought a DDJ wego from Guitar Center and when I got it I thought it was a plug and play kind of a deal, but it only lets me do that for 10 minutes and then it shuts own my controller and wants me to pay money to play something I already payed an arm and a leg for. (and trust me i worked hard for the money, i got hardcore poison oak working for this) It upsets me that now i cant play my new controller, is there anyway I can play it and not have to go pay alot of money?

Posted Tue 25 Nov 14 @ 9:39 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Most likely your controller came with VirtualDJ 7 LE software. The serial of the LE software should be at the bottom of the unit (on a sticker) and should look like AAAA-AAAA-AAAA/WEGO
Register that serial to your Account http://www.virtualdj.com/users/edit.html and download the installation file from the same page (My Licenses tab).

The LE version is a plug n play software but with limited features compared to the Pro Full (Infinity) version.

If you wish to use your controller with version 8, you will need to purchase a Plus, Pro Infinity or Pro subscription license.. http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html

A VirtualDJ 8 LE (free upgrade) may come for the WeGO in the near future.

Posted Tue 25 Nov 14 @ 11:02 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
@DjFortnights further to djdad's post

The licence serial will look like " AAAA-AAAA-AAAA/WEGO " but when you input the serial to this website do not include /WEGO or -WEGO
(It took me a while to figure that out)

Posted Wed 26 Nov 14 @ 5:18 am
That helped alot, but now when i go to my licenses it has a bunch of different downloads. Do i need to download any of them?

Posted Wed 26 Nov 14 @ 10:03 pm
Hmm you should see 4 links , right ?

Download and install the wego_7.4.1 le for WIndows or Mac (depending on your OS)
If you use iTunes Playlists and version 12, or use Mac OSX10.10 then 7.4.2 is the one you should prefer (however, you will need to install it to another computer or folder and only replace the exe file as its a generic installer and wont install the LE skin think)

Posted Wed 26 Nov 14 @ 10:16 pm
I downloaded one of them and it was pc and now when i try to open it it askes for the serial # and i out it in and it says its invalid

Posted Wed 26 Nov 14 @ 10:18 pm

Posted Wed 26 Nov 14 @ 11:16 pm
Thank you or all your help, but my last and biggest problem is i cant get any sound, i cant get sound to play through my computer and be able to listen to it through the wego to cue up, myset up it kinda rigged right now. I have an av cable coming out of the back of am amplifier that has copper wire running to each speaker, and then then an av running to my laptop and the we go plugged in and i cant get it to play through my speakers and still be able to cue up with the wego. This has been my biggest problem

Posted Thu 27 Nov 14 @ 10:17 am
You should be using the WeGO output to feed your amp & speakers. That's what it's there for!

Posted Thu 27 Nov 14 @ 1:51 pm
I dont have any speakers to plug in, they plug in with copper wire in the back of my amp, all i have is old school equipment. But hopefully this Christmas i get my rokit krks and everything should be good

Posted Thu 27 Nov 14 @ 10:14 pm
Of course you have speakers. They're the ones you've got connected to your amp!

You say you have "an av cable" going to the amp from your laptop. That's the cable that should be plugged into the output of the WeGO.

When you use a controller that has onboard audio, then you feed that to your amp. You don't need the laptop output.

Posted Fri 28 Nov 14 @ 8:58 am
i have a liscenced virtual dj broadcaster edition n i have serial key but i cannot use my numark N4 contoller for more than 10 minutes i dont think its fair i should have to pay 100$ to use my controller i bought it from someone on craigslist and they never had software for it how do i use it without paying again or do i have to sell it n stop using virtual dj nd quit djing coz i cant afford it please help me im trying thanks

Posted Mon 02 Feb 15 @ 10:50 pm
The Broadcaster license does not support controllers.

I am afraid to say that in order to use your controller without limitations you will indeed need to purchase a license for it.

Posted Tue 03 Feb 15 @ 5:25 am
What features do i get if i purchase the vdj8plus "controller" (for ddjs1 whoch come up as £8.99) this is found on the 'buy' section and does not have a description to explain what exactly i will get for my money... mainly would like to know if it would allow me to play music without the 10minutes notification coming up

Posted Tue 03 Feb 15 @ 1:26 pm
The Plus license for the DDJS1 is $149. Not sure where you got £8.99 from.

The Plus license is essnetially the same a Pro Infinity - with the exception of the face it ONLY works with that controller (DDJS1).
As you have the N4 - buying this license still will not help - the N4 license is $99 (plus taxes).

With Pro Infinity you have access to use ALL controllers, now and in the future (once supported) without having to pay an additional fee.

Posted Tue 03 Feb 15 @ 2:30 pm
Mind me i got mixed up with something else. Ok and thank you very much for the info

Posted Tue 03 Feb 15 @ 2:43 pm
TeeBookPRO SubscriberMember since 2015
I have the ddjsz and I brought it brand new and they to constant yall but can't find a number

Posted Fri 08 May 15 @ 9:18 pm
83%