Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Don't know if this topic should go here or the VDJ8 Bugs forum

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DJ_SVOPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Ok, first glitch while playing on Automix when loading a new song the skin went dark:

Closed the program and restarted, loaded same song and nothing happened, 2 hours later it went dark again.

Thanks!!!

Posted Fri 30 May 14 @ 5:31 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
What are the specs of your computer ? Processor, RAM, video card, Operating System ?

Can you reproduce it ?

Posted Fri 30 May 14 @ 10:25 pm
Sony Vaio
Core i7 2.0-3.10 GHz
12 GB Ram
Intel HD4000/NVidia GT 735 1 GB
Windows 8

It will do it randomly when a song loads up both in Automix and Individual decks. You just never know when it's going to happen.

Thanks

Posted Fri 30 May 14 @ 10:36 pm
Can you try to check if any updated drivers are available for the Nvidia card ?
Also, from what i see, you have only audio files there, right ? so not related to any Video Output or Video effects , correct ?
since your computer has dual video cards, please try to see if this is related to which video card is used. So, rightclick on the VirtualDj 8 icon on your desktop and choose to force (or not) to use the Nvidia instead of the IntelHD.

Posted Sat 31 May 14 @ 1:13 am
Perfect, I'm about to hit the sack but will do in the morning and let you know. And yes, only Audio, Video hasn't missed a beat.

Thanks!!!

Posted Sat 31 May 14 @ 1:15 am
Ok, drivers are up to date. Disengaged and reengaged the NVidia card to VDJ and it's been running for about 6 hours in Automix with no skin issues. I'll keep on testing until I'm confident that there will be no more problems, well not problems small speed-bump 8 has been great with no major problems for me.

Thanks!!!

Posted Sat 31 May 14 @ 12:30 pm
Still running with no problems.

Posted Sat 31 May 14 @ 6:24 pm
AsTheDJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
is this Normal? with VDJ-8 Skin

Posted Wed 18 Jun 14 @ 7:19 pm
No, its not normal, but this is something that the author of the skins needs to take care.
Sometimes its the chosen font which doesnt get displayed properly on Mac or the font is not available and automatically gets replaced by Arial or another, and sometimes its an incorrect definition of the width/height/size/pos in the xml file.
As above, the author needs to edit them, nothing to do with the Skin engine.

Posted Wed 18 Jun 14 @ 10:35 pm
This happened to me with the default touch skin.
could reproduce after a reboot (windows 8.1) but couldn't reproduce after flushing out settings (Options>"Restore Factory Settings")

Posted Sun 22 Jun 14 @ 9:35 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)