Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Removing songs from automix - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

In VDJ7 I use to be able to click on a song I put in Automix and drag it to the center to remove it. In VDJ8 I have to right click it to scroll down to "remove" the song from Automix. Is there a shortcut or an option to set it up to drag and drop like VDJ7? I didn't find anything in a search of options.

Posted Mon 26 May 14 @ 6:49 am
Mods, please transfer my question to the VDJ8 forum. I just noticed it, sorry. It may get looked at faster...

DONE - Dan (it means Locodog can no longer comment though, so if you want it moved back then ask)

Posted Mon 26 May 14 @ 9:35 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I'm not sure (because I never used it) but I think in V7 you could script navigate through context menus,

This isn't that good a 'shortcut' but click on the song in the list then use the application key (between Alt Gr and right Ctrl) then 'R' 3 times and 'Enter'

Posted Mon 26 May 14 @ 11:26 am
My whole point of this text is to not (1)right click, (2)scroll to remove, (3)then click it. I like the feature of VDJ7 and lower where you can grab the file and simply swipe it away. Sidelist was exactly the same way. Each time software(from any company) is updated to a newer version some function get easier to use. In this case they added another 2 steps if there is no option for drag and drop??

Locodog:

as I mention It always worked in 7 and lower without any script.

Posted Mon 26 May 14 @ 11:29 am
Ya if you wait too long to remove a song in automix you can have a problem. I understand what you mean. I've removed a song just as it was automixing one and it jumps to the next song immediately. I also mentioned that you can't drag and drop out of the sidelist to remove it. Most DJ's using software to mix try avoid using the keyboard as much as possible. Yes, just clicking delete on the keyboard will remove the song

Posted Mon 26 May 14 @ 12:01 pm
Swiping away was so easy . I mentioned this last week. I hope it can be an option or put back to how it was. Don't know why its changed when in wasn't broke.

Posted Mon 26 May 14 @ 2:53 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
funkmasterfrank wrote :
In VDJ7 I use to be able to click on a song I put in Automix and drag it to the center to remove it. In VDJ8 I have to right click it to scroll down to "remove" the song from Automix. Is there a shortcut or an option to set it up to drag and drop like VDJ7? I didn't find anything in a search of options.

Select the track (with any way, scrolling or mouse click) and press Delete from keyboard.

Posted Mon 26 May 14 @ 2:57 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
So the old method of grabbing and moving to the left is that now defunct and won't be returning?

Posted Mon 26 May 14 @ 3:21 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
No, i dont think we ll have that back. Actually the version 7 was creating issues, as you could end up with Virtual folders with tracks that you never added there, just because one of them had the focus on the Folders list and you dragged n dropped there tracks from the Playlist

Posted Mon 26 May 14 @ 3:23 pm
Having it as an option would had been better then .

Posted Mon 26 May 14 @ 4:29 pm
Oh well you train your self to do it a certain way for a long time and then it's taken away. So much for trying to avoid using the keyboard as much as possible. Another drag and drop feature taken away, dragging a video into an mp3. It was also a great feature when I do complete video shows. The editor is nice but many times I gotta do things quickly on the fly...

Posted Mon 26 May 14 @ 4:47 pm
DJDAD you wrote that version 7 was creating issues with this feature (Dragging Out the Song).. I Don't see anything in the FORUM about this.

I have USED this feature (able to click on a song I put in Automix and drag it to the center to remove it.) WITHOUT Any Problem in VDJ 7.4 (including prior versions).

AGAIN.. Please BRING BACK this FEATURE

Thanks
Jose

Posted Mon 26 May 14 @ 11:41 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Well that's a pity, it was a convenient way of discarding unwanted tracks, got to say though, in all the years I've used it I never came across the problem you described, then again I never use virtual folders, each show is new.

Posted Tue 27 May 14 @ 3:55 am
My thoughts exactly Tayla so why not place this as an option as it was a useful fast solution to ridding songs. Can't see how they can end up in a filter as its a long way to drag them. Seems some useful functions have been replaced with some I would like to get rid.

Posted Tue 27 May 14 @ 4:37 am
Same here, I was using this method all the time. Please putt it back or make it an option.

Posted Tue 27 May 14 @ 5:50 am
DJ KozPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Would be nice to have Automix the way it was in version 7 except for the Automix editor. Automix editor is great!!!

Posted Tue 27 May 14 @ 7:57 am
johansPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Same for me, please bring this back.
As DJ everything has to go quickly, with V8 we lost 20% flexibility, on the other hand we got more functionality.

So keep the functionality and bring back the flexibility!

Posted Tue 27 May 14 @ 12:07 pm
JoeyKJ wrote :
JoeyKJ wrote :
Well in 7 the click and move or swipe as you put it can cause you issues with AutoMix while playing on a live set, I know it's happen to me just trying to move some files out of AutoMix and into a Virtual folder I needed them to be in...

You can also click on any file or group of files in AutoMix and hit your delete button and it's removed from the list, that simple.

Hay Guys, Didn't you read this post on that method and what issues it was causing? maybe you was not aware off it? it is safer now then before, but what you can also do is configure your sideView list at the bottom like it use to be in 7 and I believe you can move them there if need be...

Never had that problem..... I miss that option now, and the "new way" is not handy when you don't want to use the keyboard. No you must use the keyboard or use the right mouse button en click on remove, what is not a fast method.... I still like to see that this is re-insert in version 8.

Posted Wed 28 May 14 @ 4:27 pm
ZubazzPRO InfinityMember since 2012
The solution to creating false virtual folders in the playlist would be to only have one valid place to click and drag playlist songs to. That one valid place would be a sidelist. If a song is dragged to anywhere else on the screen but the side list, it would just remove the song from the playlist. I am not sure how to program that, but it seems like a simple solution to me.

I have to say that the biggest thing that I miss from the past editions of Virtual DJ is the click and drag removal of songs from the playlist. I think the programmers have done a stellar job with this new version. They just need to find a way to bring back click and drag removal because it was so much a part of what i do as a DJ and a KJ.

Posted Wed 28 May 14 @ 5:23 pm
I hope this feature will come back in a update !!

Posted Fri 13 Jun 14 @ 9:53 am
91%