Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Browser - Wishes & new features - Page: 38
Apple Music tunes can't be played in VDJ.

Have you got the My Library plugin?

It's available in Settings/Extensions/Other/Database Filters...... and scroll down the bottom of the page to find My Library. It's FREE and probably the best addon for VirtualDJ.

It is the most amazing tool that everyone should be using. There are loads of categories already setup to interrogate your database. It does rely on having good Tag data on your music. If you haven't tried it yet you are in for a treat. 😊

You can edit all the filters and add your own. Here is a snapshot of My Library. In the right column is the play count which can be ascending or descending.

P.S. I don't use the rating system. The Play count in my list is from many years of DJing not just the last 12 months. However, those tracks have been played in the last 12 months.

Posted Tue 06 Jun 23 @ 12:16 am
Hi there, thanks for your reply!
I do have the Library Plugin but it doesn't do quite what I'm lookin for in terms of half-star ratings. I do intend to explore it more though.

Posted Tue 06 Jun 23 @ 3:23 pm
I understand.

In the left column of my screenshot under Rating, there are 5 & 4. You could copy and edit to create 3, 2, & 1 ratings if that would help. I can't imagine there will ever be half-ratings developed as I've never heard anyone asking for that.

There is User1 (Energy) & User2 (Event) available in the Tags (and can be renamed in the Options), also Grouping. They could be used to store anything.

Posted Tue 06 Jun 23 @ 4:41 pm
It would be great if VDJ could read SounSwitchs extended ID3-Tag (Soundswitch-ID). So you could quickly search for all SoundSwitch scripted songs in VDJ and automatically store them with a different color in the browser.

Posted Wed 07 Jun 23 @ 1:41 pm
djorzivHome userMember since 2023
please add above the playlists window a 12 quick access favorites zone (like Traktor / rekordbox )

Posted Thu 08 Jun 23 @ 12:07 pm
I use virtual DJ for ballroom dancing rather than mixing, so my music is organised into folders based on style and purpose. I absolutely love this software, but a few tiny things I've noticed so far...

'Search' has the option to search in current folder or search all local files. Unfortunately, the first option does not appear to search subdirectories of the selected folder. Sometimes the first option returns too few results and the second option returns too many. It would be good if we could search within selected folder, including subdirectories.

Along the same lines, in the browser columns you can choose File Path, but this is so long. It would be great to have a column called Folder Name, so we can disregard the majority of the path. At the moment I have been adding these details into the tag, but since it's already organised by folder, just using the folder name here would be fabulous.

Posted Mon 12 Jun 23 @ 1:38 am
szemekPRO InfinityMember since 2019
Chloe Rabbit wrote :
'Search' has the option to search in current folder or search all local files. Unfortunately, the first option does not appear to search subdirectories of the selected folder. Sometimes the first option returns too few results and the second option returns too many. It would be good if we could search within selected folder, including subdirectories.

@Chloe Rabbit have you tried to set Recurse option (or Properties -> Recurse checkbox)? You can also use "Set as favorite" to have access to folders that are used often.

Posted Tue 13 Jun 23 @ 9:37 pm
brille1PRO InfinityMember since 2018
Please, add an option to assign a dedicated background color to warning dialogs.

Currently, it's utterly hard to identify there is a modal message box open, blocking the application. This is particularly the case when you're performing live on stage.

See for yourself: "Where's Waldo?"

… and here?

Compare this to the same screenshots with the proposed option applied (orange in this example):

… and here:

Plus: Please add standard keyboard shortcuts and default button indicators to the modal message box buttons, so they can easily be dismissed using [ENTER] or [ESC] keys.

Posted Fri 23 Jun 23 @ 5:12 pm
The option to copy and paste playlists by using vdjscripts or potentially a hotkey.
instead of browsing through to playlists or copying them via the windows directory.

E.G. - I have three set lists i want to copy from one event folder to the next.

dinner
dancing
Special tracks

Ctrl c
Cntrl V

Instead of right click, copy to, browse and scroll to destinatation folder for each list..

Posted Wed 12 Jul 23 @ 3:14 am
ViMarDJPRO InfinityMember since 2018
Problem:
when during an event a shutdown of VirtualDJ is executed (several purpouses can make it a necessity) after reloading the Program the "played song" markers are gone. thats a problem, if one won´t replay played songs in a bussy event.

Solution:
make an option for keeping "played Song" markers for a period of time, even when VDJ is closed and reopened.

Thanks for the good work!

Posted Thu 13 Jul 23 @ 2:00 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
@ViMarDJ
make a color filter or quick filter based on time since last play

Posted Thu 13 Jul 23 @ 2:05 pm
pueden crear un boton de desbloqueo de lista: este le permite a loas usuarios organizar las carpetas o cansiones de una manera mas directa y rapida . escriban un correo si quieren que le explique de mejor manera.

Posted Tue 25 Jul 23 @ 5:03 pm
gvastePRO InfinityMember since 2019
A simple feature request, possibility to save different columns layouts to easily switch between them.

Posted Wed 26 Jul 23 @ 1:08 pm
gvaste wrote :
A simple feature request, possibility to save different columns layouts to easily switch between them.

+1

Posted Wed 26 Jul 23 @ 1:13 pm
I generally use the same layout on a machine but see how this coukd be useful for different gigs.

Posted Wed 26 Jul 23 @ 1:29 pm
The Party Engineer wrote
I have a dream, that one day the developers will decide to add some fields to the songs database, so that, each track can contain links to other tracks it's related to, and an editor where you could add and remove linked tracks for each track. Also will be a navigation mode in which, a cross will appear on the left of every track contains linked tracks, and clicking the cross, the linked tracks will appear below, as the folders and sub folders do. The result will be a multidimensional navigation through tracks, instead of one dimension navigation that we have now with lists, filter folders, a.t.c.

+1

Posted Sat 12 Aug 23 @ 12:56 pm
DJMBR01PRO InfinityMember since 2015
Benz Werner wrote :
The Party Engineer wrote
I have a dream, that one day the developers will decide to add some fields to the songs database, so that, each track can contain links to other tracks it's related to, and an editor where you could add and remove linked tracks for each track. Also will be a navigation mode in which, a cross will appear on the left of every track contains linked tracks, and clicking the cross, the linked tracks will appear below, as the folders and sub folders do. The result will be a multidimensional navigation through tracks, instead of one dimension navigation that we have now with lists, filter folders, a.t.c.

+1

You mean something like this:https://www.virtualdj.com/forums/241583/addons/sticky.html?page=1

Posted Mon 14 Aug 23 @ 10:21 pm
I thought the track details pane had a panel that listed your most commonly played before/after tracks by going through your history...

Is that not a thing anymore?

Posted Tue 15 Aug 23 @ 10:05 am
i dunno why i keep forgetting to ask for this one...

horizontal side list browser fields. we have them for the sidelist over on the Sideview panel just like with everything else - automix, sideview, sampler, and playlists... why not for the horizontal sidelist too??

Posted Sun 20 Aug 23 @ 5:12 pm
Looking back, they weren't present in the VDJ 7 sidelist either.

Posted Sun 20 Aug 23 @ 7:20 pm
93%