Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: its deck swaping avail yet for V8 ?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Im suprised everyone its avoiding this question. I've been using various skins with 4 deck layout controlled by a 2 deck controller.in v7 we used a deck swap code to map to a button to swap from deck 1 leftdeck & deck 2 rightdeck to deck3 leftdeck & deck 4 rightdeck.this isnt working with vdj 8.has this been implemented yet? ...if not....why?...

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 6:36 pm
Ok..with the help of a Genius friend here at VDJ who shall remain nameless,...Ive implemented this,but I have to do so on the boost "button" available on either side of the crossfader and when mapping I get only one Boost button map? I got this allmost..
deck 1 leftdeck ? deck 3 leftdeck : deck 1 leftdeck & deck 2 rightdeck ? deck 4 rightdeck : deck 2 rightdeck
now decks 1 & 3 swap with one click of my mixers Boost button.but decks 2 & 4 I have to click twice...

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 8:10 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
For a button on 2 sided controller (that exists on both sides) this should work...
device_side 'left' ? deck 1 leftdeck ? deck 3 leftdeck : deck 1 leftdeck : deck 2 rightdeck ? deck 4 rightdeck : deck 2 rightdeck

Btw, who is avoiding answering questions ???

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 8:18 pm
I originally pulled the deck "select" verb & "device" on the mapper (which i couldnt figure out on the first day of v8 release but got it later.) but man it wouldnt work.now Im trying one thats close but will try this one.thanks "Dad" (whats worst than having one dad? you guessed it )

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 8:39 pm
that was it...thanks "dad"...Im sure this will help others with 2 deck controllers who want to use the 4 decks in vdj 8..

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 8:57 pm
Helped me.

Posted Thu 22 May 14 @ 11:18 am
I hear that...but...why is'nt this implemented in the mapper "verbs"?

Posted Sun 25 May 14 @ 6:25 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)