Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: VDJ8 VMS4.1 BROADCAST AUDIO

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I am having problem with audio volume when i broadcast to server, i can hear music over my speakers and i can broadcast i see the title of my broadcast but no volume is going thru the broadcast. thanks in advance for any help

Posted Sat 17 May 14 @ 10:09 pm
try changing broadcastDirectFormat to mp3

Posted Sat 17 May 14 @ 10:38 pm
hi dan
mp3 is check i can see the stream and song info just no sound

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 12:06 am

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 12:20 am
Hi Dan
I have been broadcasting on vms4.1 and vdj7xxx for a long time, broadcast works fine if i switch back to vdj7.4 the broadcast is going thru just the sound is not making it thru

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 12:47 am
kdeathPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I am having the same problem on my VDJ 8 running an NS7. I tried all three methods of broadcasting and no sound from any of them.

Posted Sat 05 Jul 14 @ 1:56 am
The same here. I'm broadcasting at mixify.com. With vdj7 I never had any problems. But with vdj8 all seems oke on my end, but mixify doesn't get any signal.

Posted Tue 15 Jul 14 @ 9:29 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
I believe it has to do with either Firewall or your router's settings. Since version 8 is a different .exe application than version 7, you may have to include that exe in the exceptions of your firewall (if enabled) and probably assign that application to the same Port forwarding rule like version 7

Posted Tue 15 Jul 14 @ 9:57 am
I've been trying things. It seems when I start broadcasting from vdj8 before I click 'start event' at mixify the signal does come true, but there's no sound. When I start the event first and hit broadcast in vdj8 afterwards all seems to work fine.

Posted Tue 15 Jul 14 @ 10:18 am
Ron Klein wrote :
I've been trying things. It seems when I start broadcasting from vdj8 before I click 'start event' at mixify the signal does come true, but there's no sound. When I start the event first and hit broadcast in vdj8 afterwards all seems to work fine.

Did you find a fix? This never happened to me before. I would hit broadcast on VDJ8 first to make sure signal shows yes on mixify but now it seems to do what you are experiencing. I have to stop broadcast on vdj8 then start broadcast for sound to go thru.

Posted Sun 30 Aug 15 @ 4:05 pm
Ron Klein wrote :

Found solution, another poster on mixify posted "All you have to do is change the 'Encodeing Quality from ogg to MP3 128! THATS IT! TRY THAT IT WORKS FOR ME NOW." thanks to Ron the tech on mixify, credit him for the help :)

Posted Sun 30 Aug 15 @ 4:27 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)