Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Android remote...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

What are the realistic chances of an Android remote being made for vdj8 please? It is after all the majority smart phone OS and would make this brilliant brilliant new version just perfect

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 6:42 am
Paulm72PRO InfinityMember since 2014
Seconded !

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 9:05 am
You can already do it if you want.

TouchOSC=VDJ Remote

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 9:10 am
TantrixPRO InfinityMember since 2013
Paulm72 wrote :
Seconded !

This^^

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 9:19 am
beatbreaker1 wrote :

TouchOSC=VDJ Remote

OSC was "barely compatible" with Version 7. I doubt it will be any better with v8. Can you verify the functionality with 8.0?

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 9:22 am
Currently I use splashtop but it's not ideal. Works well etc as a piece of software but a real remote control would be infinitely preferable.

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 9:34 am
I have no issues with Splashtop at all, although there are many different versions and it may depend on your individual setup. It works perfectly for me and unlike iremote you have full functionality including browser and search.

The current iremote is half baked and hasn't been touched in years.

Keith

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 9:45 am
The existing iOS could do with a bunch of bug fixes. I ran into a ton of problems that I had to work around when I created the Performance Pad skin.

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 9:47 am
Tantrix wrote :
beatbreaker1 wrote :

TouchOSC=VDJ Remote

OSC was "barely compatible" with Version 7. I doubt it will be any better with v8. Can you verify the functionality with 8.0?

Barely compatible?? Phantomdj had everything mapped out! Only thing you couldn't do was see the track names or effect names but if you make your own template you could name the button for that effect if you want.

As for working with 8 I see ABSOLUTLY no reason why it wouldn't. It's all gonna boil down to how much work you wanna do and most folks here are straight lazy and want everything handed to them.

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 9:54 am
beatbreaker1 wrote :
Tantrix wrote :
beatbreaker1 wrote :

TouchOSC=VDJ Remote

Barely compatible?? Phantomdj had everything mapped out! Only thing you couldn't do was see the track names or effect names but if you make your own template you could name the button for that effect if you want.

As for working with 8 I see ABSOLUTLY no reason why it wouldn't. It's all gonna boil down to how much work you wanna do and most folks here are straight lazy and want everything handed to them.

For me it worked and was kinda hit an miss. I never wanted to chance it at a wedding (as an example) but used to occasionally for parties etc. What I found was the I would loose connection (could have been my phone tho) at least once a night and the only way to resolve the issue was to reboot. And when I switched off OSC I would loose complete control of my controller (vms4) thus I had to reboot. Maybe it was my configuration but it was never really stable for me.

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 12:59 pm
anything new on this ?

Posted Mon 13 Apr 15 @ 5:45 pm
virtual dj 8 remote required for android

Posted Mon 25 May 15 @ 5:39 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)