Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Will Virtual DJ 8 work ok with Hercules Control Steel

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have a small gig set-up that uses the Hercules DJ Control Steel with Virtual DJ 7.4. I just saw the post for the new VDJ 8 download. I want to know if the old Steel Controller will work ok with the new version of of VDJ. I have a gig on Saturday and the last thing I need is to spend time troubleshoooting stuff. Last time I downloaded a new version I had to update my soundcard drivers.

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 2:03 pm
Yes, it is in the list of supported controllers in v8

BUT

VDJ8 is a pre-release. It's kind of like a beta, but for a large usergroup (all pro users).
If you look at the pre-release forum it lists lots of bugs in all different shapes and sizes, and updates to the software are coming out every few hours

So I wouldn't recommend using v8 for a gig. For gigs stay with v 7.4 until the full release of v8 comes out

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 2:48 pm
When I load a tune on to virtual DJ deck there is a lag before it loads. When a song is playing and I load another, the platter stops spinning for a few seconds. The music continues however. I have a toshiba i7 with 32 gigs of ram.

Posted Tue 31 May 16 @ 2:04 am
inxscpl wrote :
When I load a tune on to virtual DJ deck there is a lag before it loads. When a song is playing and I load another, the platter stops spinning for a few seconds. The music continues however. I have a toshiba i7 with 32 gigs of ram.
. I use vdj7 and 8

Posted Tue 31 May 16 @ 2:11 am
DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005
And what audio interface are you using exactly?

Does it have an ASIO driver, and if so , did you try modifying the buffer size ?

Posted Thu 02 Jun 16 @ 8:24 pm
Native instruments audio 2 DJ. Another problem I have is that Some songs load but I only see about 1/4 inch of the bar on the loaded deck. It plays fine and the bar shows up entirely on the last few seconds of the song. It does not happen for most of my songs. It has usually happens with new downloads. I get my music via Amazon. Does not matter if I am using my Hercules control Steel with the Audio 2 DJ or my Hercules RMX2 which has its own audio interface.

Posted Sun 05 Jun 16 @ 12:46 pm
inxscpl wrote :
It has usually happens with new downloads.

Before you load the track to a deck and play it, has it been analysed by VDJ?

Posted Sun 05 Jun 16 @ 1:37 pm
If I analyze before loading it plays fine, but I have to analyze every time I play the song.

Posted Mon 06 Jun 16 @ 10:25 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)