Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Recently Added folder 'firstseen' not working

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have a folder called 'Recently Added' and the filter is 'top 1000 firstseen' (I also tried 'First Seen' as shown in the v8 syntax).

In v7 it works fine when I sort the 'first seen' column. In v8 EVERY file is listed with the date 2031/08/05. Yes that it not a typo. 2031 not 2013.

What gives?

EDIT: It is not even showing recently added files as the ones listed are unscanned. No BPM's etc. It's just showing files from an unscanned folder!

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 11:14 am
Mine show as 05/13 16:13 under First Seen.

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 11:24 am
Where are the VDJ databases being stored? I moved my databases out of the root of each drive into folders and VDJ8 is still finding the virtual folders etc and still finding all the scanned BPM's etc in the actual folders with the tracks. It's ignoring the original database files. There is no big database file in the config folder that I can see either.

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 11:36 am
8 uses database.xml (7 was VirtualDJ Database v6.xml).

I don't know about external drive database names. Someone recently said that 8 puts the external DB in a folder now instead of in the root.

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 11:42 am
Yes I have just now figured this out. BUT. I don't know why it's doing it only on one drive. I have two main music folders. Each on a separate drive. Originally what happened was that when I added another folder on a different drive it made all those tracks as recently added. I did not want this so I edited the database file on that drive to make the 'first seen' entries all earlier than the other database file so they were ignored for the first however many tracks that were in my default music folder.

Now for some reason VDJ8 creates a new folder called 'VirtualDJ' on the drive partition that I had edited the old database file to make the first seen entries earlier than the default database entries. So even if I deleted the database from the root of that drive it would still see the new database.xml file in this newly created folder. The database.xml file now says v8.0.0 at the top.

But this is not created for my default music folder on the other partition! There is no new database file created and it still uses the old v6 xml.

Why???

Anyhow my cure was to cheat it by copying over the old edited v6 database file into this new folder and renamed it database.xml then edited it to show v8.0.0 at the top. Now my default music files are showing again (still a little muddled than previously but only slightly).

Can someone on the VDJ8 team explain the new database behaviour as I can't see why it's only created one database file for one partition (not the one I wanted though).

EDIT: For some reason it has now decided to create the new database folder and file on the other partition. There was no such folder or file since Sunday up until I messed around with deleting database files and cheating the system somewhat.

Very odd.

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 12:27 pm
jaakkoPRO InfinityMember since 2006
+1. Something strange on firstseen sorter. Songs that have first seen today are on bottom. Songs that have been analysed this year dont have year displayed, just month and day. Everything from 2013 and beyond is sorted correctly.

Posted Mon 19 May 14 @ 1:00 pm
i cant find recent added music its not showing recent added music

Posted Mon 23 Mar 15 @ 11:22 pm
DJ MAIL MANN wrote :
i cant find recent added music its not showing recent added music

Posted Tue 24 Mar 15 @ 6:33 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
It should be auto-created with first launch, but if for any reason its now available, you may add/create one (using the button add_filterfolder on the left Browser Toolbar) with Filter : top 50 firstseen

Posted Tue 24 Mar 15 @ 7:40 pm
All I want to do is get the filter for the 'recently added' tab to be whatever I download from content unlimited to my cache folder to appear in the 'recently added' tab not ever single song I either load or click on, this happened on vd7 not sure why it's such an effort to make this happen on vdj8 ?? 😕

Posted Tue 14 Jul 15 @ 7:10 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Just create a new recently added filter folder that is nested under the cache folder. Set scope to “folder“ and action

Top 50 first seen

Or change the existing / create a new filter folder with this action

Top 50 first seen & file path starts with “c:/path/to/cache/folder“

Posted Tue 14 Jul 15 @ 7:28 am
or try the add on called my library.

;)

Posted Wed 15 Jul 15 @ 7:39 am
How do I create or find that my library folder with top seen to see the recent files I've downloaded to cache as I can't find them folders anywhere, I really don't understand why a simple action of seeing the most recent downloads to my cache folder is such a complicated process 😕

Posted Wed 15 Jul 15 @ 2:03 pm

Posted Wed 15 Jul 15 @ 2:47 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)