Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: pioneer ddj ergo v does,nt work well with vdj 8

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

is there a fix for the ddj ergo v the sampler buttons don't work with version 8 and the jog wheels are way to senstitive, I have lost the use of the outer fine tuning of the jog wheels hence you can now scratch with outer part of the jog wheel as the usual scratch method any updates to sort this as I love the new recording feature of 8 and the layout

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 12:15 pm
You can change the sensitivity in settings, options. Mine were too sensitive too. Click advanced tick box and search for sensitivity. Smaller is less sensitive so 0.3000 is less sensitive than 0.5000

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 12:29 pm
thanks yea sorted the jog wheels just wanted to know to to assign my samples to the ergo as theres many new samples on version 8. in vdj 7 it was easy to load samples to each of your sample buttons to your ergo deck, im sure there is a way I just cant work it out lol

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 12:26 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
the samples are a bit differently assigned now on the Ergo.
If a bank has 4 or less samples, then both sides will control the same samples.
If a bank has more than 4 ssamples, the left side will control samples 1 to 4 and the right side will control samples 5 to 8.
The SAMPLER_SELECT knob should allow you to change/select a bank

Posted Fri 16 May 14 @ 1:20 am
I also have the DDJ-Ergo, and although the platter sensitivity is fine, the jog sensitivity is too quick. Does a higher number represent more sensitive, or less sensitive. As it is right now, it jumps ahead too fast when I try to catch the song up using the jog wheel. How do I slow it down?

Also, is there a script to add, or a setting to adjust the sensitivity for the FX Control (Effects select knob) on the Ergo? Currently, you can scroll through all of the effects with only turning the knob about 1/0th of the way around. In 7.4, each effect changed to the next one at about every 5 minute position on the knob rotation. This currently is set way to sensitive. Any way to adjust?

Thank you!

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 7:02 pm
microphone doesn't work with vdj8, have all settings correct like 7.4.1

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 9:57 pm
I dont have the Ergo here at the moment, so i ll just try to recall from memory...
The default Audio Setup that the special button offers in AUDIO tab of Config, will create a Master/Headphones and LinIn setup.
You can then use the switcher in the back to determine if you need to input the AUX or the MIC input.
Once the LineIn line is added in the audio Setup, you need to use the AUX buttons of the default skin (or the Ergo skin) to route the Input to a deck.
If you still need to use ONLY the MIC and dont care of the LineInputs, you can still replace the LineIn line with Microphone

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 1:49 am
jamzz_the_dj wrote :
I also have the DDJ-Ergo, and although the platter sensitivity is fine, the jog sensitivity is too quick. Does a higher number represent more sensitive, or less sensitive. As it is right now, it jumps ahead too fast when I try to catch the song up using the jog wheel. How do I slow it down?

JogSensitivityScratch, jogSensitivityBend,jogSensitivityCue settings from Options

jamzz_the_dj wrote :
Also, is there a script to add, or a setting to adjust the sensitivity for the FX Control (Effects select knob) on the Ergo? Currently, you can scroll through all of the effects with only turning the knob about 1/0th of the way around. In 7.4, each effect changed to the next one at about every 5 minute position on the knob rotation. This currently is set way to sensitive. Any way to adjust?

No way to adjust. The difference between version 7 and 8 is that video effects can be also selected and triggered/controlled from the same rotaries/buttons. So if you load video files, it will also "reserve" steps to provide you the Video effects too. The more effects you have in the list, the more sensitive the knob selector will be.

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 1:52 am
AsTheDJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
when I cloned a deck to b deck it may play on deck D or deck C.is there any way to keep just to deck only with and turn off C & D ( not work )until I turn them on ?
on VDj-8 and DDj-ergo

Posted Tue 17 Jun 14 @ 9:41 pm
pungentPRO InfinityMember since 2011
The very first pre release version seemed to do everything pretty good on my DDJ ERGO Limited edition.

Only real annoying thing is the effects knob keeps all the effects in the first 1/4 of the knob rotation. Very frustrating when trying to get an effect on the fly when doing a gig.

After a couple of up dates ago my effects button now triggers the 1 and 2 labelled effects. sometimes you can select the effect and it still works but other times it plays what ever effect it feels like at the time. Can't seem to find any consistancy of when it does and don't play up.

Also I want to load my own samples.... How do I do this.

I might try and re download my midi controller mapping folder and see if that helps.

Posted Wed 18 Jun 14 @ 4:55 am
Re downloaded my mapping but no difference. Decided to re download VDJ8 and that fixed the effects but all the pre release symptoms came back that I forgot about :-(

Posted Wed 18 Jun 14 @ 5:36 am
Sorry to keep putting posts up but when the effects in VDJ8 were playing up I had no effects at all in VDJ7.

Now I have the effects again in VDJ8 after returning to the original download I also have working effects in VDJ7 again.

In the pre release effects worked perfect on the ERGO VDJ7 and VDJ8. After recent updates no effects at all on VDJ7 and effects all over the place on VDJ8.....

Posted Wed 18 Jun 14 @ 7:36 am
i am not having any of these issues with the ERGO using win 7 64bit with VDJ8 with the default 2 deck skin :-)

Posted Wed 18 Jun 14 @ 8:11 am
Found my issue.

Went back through my VDJ mapper folder and found a couple of downloaded mappings for the ERGO I must have gotten a while ago. Deleted them and now all seems to be working good again.

VDJ8 must have been conflicting between its own mapper and the downloaded mappers.....

Posted Thu 19 Jun 14 @ 2:31 am
hello, i have a problem with my ddj-ergo. when i set up the input to mic, virtual dj looses the sound.

Posted Tue 10 Nov 15 @ 5:10 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)