Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: LIVE365 BROADCASTING VIA VDJ8

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have been broadcasting successfully with VDJ 7 PRO using my VMS4.1. In VDJ8 If I use VMS4.1, only the song data gets to server and reaches live365. No audio goes to unless I switch from VMS4.1 TO internal sound card. I'm on a late 2013 macbook pro retina with max ram and storage. I'm sure it is a configuration issue.. but I don't seem to be able to figure it out through trial and error. When i switch back to VDJ7.. the broadcast interface with VMS4 external mixer enable works fine. Any help appreciated. Love the new interface and product. Thanks for the prerelease.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 4:04 am
UPDATE - from Jarhead DJ/VJ -- I added a master setting from the output of my mac. I can now stream VDJ8.. however, it is still the same as when I was using VDJ7 PRO.. If I cue anything, it goes out over the air also.. VMS4 mic inputs don't get to the stream, so I'm recording "live from .... " drops which I play back from the sampler. So no mic and I'm still stuck with visual beat grid cues. (Which was the situation when I was using VDJ7. That said.. I'm loving the new VDJ8 pre release -
If anyone has any idea how to configure my VDJ8 and VMS4.1 so I can cue and preview.. or so I can get the VMS4.1 Mic audio into the main mix let me know. Taking a booth or master out from VMS4 would normally solve the problem.. but then the Meta Data (song info) required by Live365 to keep us legal.. won't work. Here is a screen shot of my current audio set up.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 4:13 pm
i'm having a problem. in my vdj 7.4 all volume levels 1 &2 move correctly, but i when i move in vdj8 to move volume level 1, level 2 start to move, and when i move level 2 NO levels move on the screen. but i'm still getting proper sound out of each volume levels, someone please help. i have all my mappings correct

Posted Sat 17 May 14 @ 2:36 pm
I'm using the vms4.1 by the way

Posted Sat 17 May 14 @ 2:37 pm
@ jar head im also a live 365 x 5000 pro broadcaster on cant help much on the audio part but on the meta data the album tag wont send so u have to put that info into the title example roar - prism I had that problem when I first started broadcasting ive asked atomix about sending all 3 but it only sends artist and song titles I was hoping this would be fixed in 8

Posted Sat 17 May 14 @ 4:02 pm
they don't understand that all 3 tags we have to report for dmrca rules

Posted Sat 17 May 14 @ 4:04 pm
I"m not a pro LIve365 client... but apparently VDJ is sending adequate info to keep Live365 from dropping my stream. A lot of my album fields are marked PROMO SINGLE because there is no album associated with the song. I play high energy dance and night club music. I'll take a look at my stream on live 365 to see if any album or promo single info is showing in the stream in the same manner as it does when I'm running non-live basic mode.

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 8:03 pm
I checked during last night's live broadcast and you're right: Only the song title field and the artist field is getting through when streamed from Virtual DJ. As a pro broadcaster, it may be more important to you in figuring your right's fees. It apparently doesn't matter for those of us who are basic broadcasters. Live365 will definitely drop the live stream if you are feeding no DRM data, but most of my playlist on the automated feed has only song title and a notation of "promo single" due the the type of music I'm playing. However, when I tried to broadcast from VJD using the audio output of my mixer directly to the server at live 365, no data was being sent, and the stream dropped within about 5 minutes because there was no data, only audio, going to the server. I had tried to use the output audio steam so my microphone talk overs would reach the scream. Sounds like something VDJ could fix as far as sending all three fields (to include album name or whatever notation is in the mp3 file.

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 2:28 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
djsteve27 wrote :
they don't understand that all 3 tags we have to report for dmrca rules

Hi Steve,

I spoke to you on the phone about this earlier, and have had a quick look into it for you.

I think I have a solution :)

Regards,

Scott

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 3:54 pm
@ scott hey cool give me details

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 3:56 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I've created a plugin that runs in the background and will automatically send Artist - Title - Album to the server :)

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 5:08 pm
cool how do I get it

Posted Wed 21 May 14 @ 5:31 pm
I too would be very interested in this information. As I am new to LIVE365 & VDJ 8!

Posted Sat 06 Jun 15 @ 7:58 am
update in vdj 8 it has been fixed to seen metadata title artist and album info to live 365 while broadcasting however this only works in 8 not 7

Posted Mon 08 Jun 15 @ 10:14 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)