Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: VDJ - 8 MAPPING ISSUE or ? - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

lambowPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I am using the numark ns6 with the vdj 8 . OK so fare the only issue i am having is on my volume fader's and cross fader. the auto start is working fine as it has on vdj 7 how ever when closing the track, it well not stop playing unless i physically stop the track on the ns6 . So any idea's where to even stat with this issue ?

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 10:49 am
I have just logged this to development team to see if they can fix.

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 12:27 pm
Hi i mapped a button to swap decks and timecodes on a DDM4000 Behringer, but they don't work in VDJ8.

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 12:55 pm
What code have you used?

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 12:57 pm
djtouchdan wrote :
What code have you used?

"device_side 'left' ? deck 1 leftdeck ? deck 3 leftdeck : on & deck 1 leftdeck : deck 1 leftdeck ? deck 3 leftdeck & deck 1 timecode_active off & deck 3 timecode_active on & deck 3 timecode_mode "relative" : on & deck 1 leftdeck & deck 3 timecode_active off & deck 1 timecode_active on & deck 1 leftdeck"

(somehow it works with 7.4.1)

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 1:35 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
The device_side 'left' makes no sense here to query, as you dont specify how the 'right' side behaves... anyways..not sure what exactly you want to do..but if you need an action to swap timecodes on the 'left' side only , map the button as ..
deck 1 leftdeck ? deck 1 timecode_active off & deck 3 leftdeck & deck 3 timecode_active on : deck 3 timecode_active off & deck 1 leftdeck & deck 1 timecode_active on

But of course, the easiest way, - and i think it should work - would be to have a button to activate the timecode on the left side, regardless of the lleftdeck..so deckleft timecode_active mapped to a button should work fine on both deck 1 and deck 3.

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 2:08 pm
djdad wrote :
The device_side 'left' makes no sense here to query, as you dont specify how the 'right' side behaves... anyways..not sure what exactly you want to do..but if you need an action to swap timecodes on the 'left' side only , map the button as ..
deck 1 leftdeck ? deck 1 timecode_active off & deck 3 leftdeck & deck 3 timecode_active on : deck 3 timecode_active off & deck 1 leftdeck & deck 1 timecode_active on

But of course, the easiest way, - and i think it should work - would be to have a button to activate the timecode on the left side, regardless of the lleftdeck..so deckleft timecode_active mapped to a button should work fine on both deck 1 and deck 3.

thanks DAD .. actually i have 2 buttons (on each side of the crossfader) that will swap the decks. one is for left and the other for right deck. I use your SWAP skin!! i will try to copy your script and see if it works !(when i get back home tonight!) THANKS

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 3:58 pm
something is wong ... i don't get it...
for the left button i put :
deck 1 leftdeck ? deck 1 timecode_active off & deck 3 lefttdeck & deck 3 timecode_active on : deck 3 timecode_active off & deck 1 leftdeck & deck 1 timecode_active on
for the right button i put :
deck 2 rightdeck ? deck 2 timecode_active off & deck 4 rightdeck & deck 4 timecode_active on : deck 4 timecode_active off & deck 2 rightdeck & deck 2 timecode_active on
the left side is working fine but the right on deck 4 it's the left deck timecode that controls it..

Posted Mon 12 May 14 @ 8:30 pm
lambowPRO InfinityMember since 2010
djtouchdan wrote :
I have just logged this to development team to see if they can fix.

Thank you djtouchdan

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 12:46 am
hmm try to add numbered timecode inputs..like this..
deck 2 rightdeck ? deck 2 timecode_active 2 off & deck 4 rightdeck & deck 4 timecode_active 2 on : deck 4 timecode_active 2 off & deck 2 rightdeck & deck 2 timecode_active 2 on

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 2:21 am
djdad wrote :
hmm try to add numbered timecode inputs..like this..
deck 2 rightdeck ? deck 2 timecode_active 2 off & deck 4 rightdeck & deck 4 timecode_active 2 on : deck 4 timecode_active 2 off & deck 2 rightdeck & deck 2 timecode_active 2 on

Once again DAD Saves the day!! :) it's ALL GOOD now!!! MANY MANY MANY MANY THANKS!!

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 8:34 am
Hi, the right deck stop working again since a built number I forgot.. the mixer use to light on entirely but now it only does when I press on the buttons.

Posted Mon 20 Apr 15 @ 8:39 pm
i can not get virtualdj 8 to load on my macbook pro. it says minimized on the carousel

Posted Tue 21 Apr 15 @ 11:22 am

Posted Fri 08 May 15 @ 6:01 am
Sorry, the video is not clear enough. But since the Behringer DDM-400 is not natively supported, you should provide more info about the definition and mapping file you are using.
I also see 2 devices in the Controllers tab for the mixer, so not sure what happens there. What files do you have in Devices folder ?

Posted Fri 08 May 15 @ 9:43 am
I'm using the mapping from VDJ that I modified to have 4 decks and other options, and yes I don't understand why there is 2 mappings for the same mixer! it use to work fine before ... it's after a few builts that I got this !

Posted Fri 08 May 15 @ 2:28 pm

Posted Fri 08 May 15 @ 3:48 pm
yes

Posted Fri 08 May 15 @ 5:11 pm
the original is basic and has only 2 channels. I mapped it to be 4 channels 3 1 2 4 and added loop, swap decks, hot cues etc..

Posted Fri 08 May 15 @ 5:26 pm
Ok i see now, the definition is incomplete. It has no proper identifiers, so probably it works like SImple MIDI and thats why VirtuaLDJ sees/identifies 2 devices.
Please do the following in order to help you with a fix.
Open VirtualDJ 8, goto Config->Options and enable the setting CreateMidilog (its in the Advanced Options)
Close VirtuaLDJ, make sure the Behringer is the only connected controller and launch VirtualDJ 8 again.
Close VirtualDJ again (dont have to do anything)
Goto Documents/VirtualDJ folder and post here the content of the Log Report.txt file

Posted Fri 08 May 15 @ 6:06 pm
61%