Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VDJscript temporal overvideo command?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I've searched the forum and vdjscript verbs, but I cannot find anything that will make this work:

I want (to make a button that tells) VDJ to force the video output from deck 6, but only AS LONG AS THAT DECK IS PLAYING, so when the video clip on deck 6 ends, the main output will AUTOMATICALLY switch back to the normal (deck 1 or 2) output.

Is this possible?

Posted Mon 05 May 14 @ 12:41 pm
41 reads, no answer :(

DJDAD?

Posted Wed 07 May 14 @ 11:31 am
the problem you will have is that VDJ doesn't broadcast events to different controls and nothing happens automatically, so you need to have conditionals on all of the controls that are associated with your function, in this case you should put the following on each of the play buttons on your skin and any controllers, just make sure you replace the deck # on the first line to the relevant deck or remove it if it's on a properly defined controller.

overvideo

1 | deck # play_pause & 
2 | deck 1 play ?
3 | --->deck 6 overvideo off :
4 | deck 2 play ?
5 | --->deck 6 overvideo off :
6 | deck 3 play ?
7 | --->deck 6 overvideo off :
8 | deck 4 play ?
9 | --->deck 6 overvideo off :
10| deck 5 play ?
11| --->deck 6 overvideo off :
12| deck 6 overvideo on

use this in your mapping
[size=11]deck # play_pause & deck 1 play ? deck 6 overvideo off : deck 2 play ? deck 6 overvideo off : deck 3 play ? deck 6 overvideo off : deck 4 play ? deck 6 overvideo off : deck 5 play ? deck 6 overvideo off : deck 6 overvideo on

created by synthet1c
[/size]

Posted Wed 07 May 14 @ 1:01 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
I don't think that the scripts above will do the job. Unfortunately there is no way to achieve this. Most likely u will need a plugin
Btw consider posting your issue to a different thread as your question is not skin related and not many users visit the skin forums

Posted Wed 07 May 14 @ 3:49 pm
Feel free to move this thread to the appropiate place. I couldn't think of a better place for VDJscript questions.

Thanks both for your time and interest!

:)

Posted Thu 08 May 14 @ 7:37 am
jaakkoPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Sorry for bumping this up, but I have almost the same situation. I use 4 decks overlay and I need a button that make the overvideo for deck 3 or deck 4 while pressed and returns the video screen back to normal (between deck1 and 2) after releasing the button. I use decks 1 and 2 for regular video mixing and use extra video samples on deck 3 and 4 and I need the button for this purpose. Any ideas?

Posted Wed 03 Dec 14 @ 5:23 am
Put your extra video samples on the sample pads.

When you play them (press the pads) they will show on the main screen. When they stop, the screen goes back to the full video on your main deck.

Posted Wed 03 Dec 14 @ 5:38 am
jaakkoPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Nice idea, but this is still a bit different situation. Actually I temporarily clone deck 1 to deck 3 and deck2 to deck 4 and I when I press the button down on left deck, I want the video screen to pop up deck 3 video and same button on right deck to show up deck 4 video, both temporarily while pressed, then get back to normal. ..

Posted Wed 03 Dec 14 @ 6:02 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)