Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Virtual DJ Problems with 2x NDX900 CDJ'S and a Behringer DJX900

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi guys

I've recently tried to use virtual DJ with a pair of Numark NDX900 CDJ's and Behringer DJX900 mixer, however i found that the mixer is not MIDI, therefore it will not allow me to use it with Virtual DJ.

I know the mixer does not have an on board soundcard, is this why it will not work?

To make the 2 cdjs and mixer work with VDJ, what must i buy?

Will an external soundcard work?

Thanks
Ryan

Posted Wed 30 Apr 14 @ 10:56 am
Why do you want to use vdj on a mixer in midi, it's not important, use only the ndx in midi
To use a mixer in midi you'll need a licence "vdj pro full"

Posted Wed 30 Apr 14 @ 11:50 am
I want to basically use the full setup with VDJ (2 cdjs and the mixer) but the problem is only 1 channel on my mixer has USB channel

And i do have access to VDJ Pro

Posted Wed 30 Apr 14 @ 12:07 pm
so, in this price (djx900), buy a ddm4000 with a wire usb/midi and a licence pro full

Posted Wed 30 Apr 14 @ 12:14 pm
I've already purchased the DJX900, so not really looking to replace it with a different mixer, I just want to work with what I have if possible

Posted Wed 30 Apr 14 @ 12:16 pm
I'm thinking I need a additional soundcard, maybe the Numark DJIO?

Posted Wed 30 Apr 14 @ 12:16 pm
if the mixer doesn't work in midi, it's impossible to do it to work in midi, so you can buy all soundcards you want, it wont work,

Posted Wed 30 Apr 14 @ 12:24 pm
You don't need an additional sound card, and you don't need your mixer to have MIDI.

The NDX900s have audio interfaces and can be used as controllers. If you set up VDJ (you'll need full Pro) to use each NDX as a separate deck output, you simply connect the audio outputs of the NDXs to separate channels on the mixer and use them just as you would if you were playing CDs with them. You then control VDJ via the NDXs and use the DJX900 as an external mixer.

Posted Wed 30 Apr 14 @ 12:47 pm
I already said him but he want the ndx and his mixer in midi to use vdj
haines1 wrote :
I want to basically use the full setup with VDJ (2 cdjs and the mixer) but the problem is only 1 channel on my mixer has USB channel

Posted Wed 30 Apr 14 @ 12:56 pm
When you have a real external mixer, there's no need to control the "pretend" VDJ mixer.

All that's required of VDJ is to provide the software decks to play back the music. The mixing is done with the real hardware.

You could use the extra USB audio of the DJX for a third deck maybe.

Posted Wed 30 Apr 14 @ 1:59 pm
i have plugged the NDX900's in to my computer and have control with them on VDJ.. however i have no signal going into my mixer and cant mix the songs playing on vdj through the cdjs with the mixer?

Posted Wed 30 Apr 14 @ 7:18 pm

Posted Thu 01 May 14 @ 1:53 am
You'll need to configure the sound settings in VDJ to use the NDXs as audio outputs.

Set VDJ to "external mixer" and send each VDJ deck output to a separate NDX (left deck to left NDX, right deck to right NDX).

Posted Thu 01 May 14 @ 5:55 am
still on the issue of splitting sound using the NDX 900s. With my decks only one of the decks produces sound that goes to the mixer (they alternate at every boot but they never have i had both decks carrying their own sound. . But the right av jack carries sound for one deck and the left av jack carries sound for the other deck so i can still mix using an external mixer. However, the other deck still controls music. My question is, how do i get each deck to to carry its own sound signal from the laptop?

Posted Tue 10 Mar 15 @ 6:54 am
to further explain, using the images provided above. from one cd deck, the green cable carries music on my left deck and the blue cable carries music on the other decks

Posted Tue 10 Mar 15 @ 6:58 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)