Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Greater and Smaller commands help

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello guys! I need some help at some code explaining. I am familiar with the basic skinning code (I have create a couple of more than basic skins so far) but I would like some help with a command. I just need some syntax explaining of param_greater and param_smaller commands. Can I use them with ‘get’ commands? I am not interesting in mapping encoders I have to control some values of VDJ with greater and smaller command. In the past I saw some of you guys doing something similar but can’t find related topics
If you have some examples in handy please post them bellow.

Posted Thu 24 Apr 14 @ 9:37 am
these commands work only with a knob or a slide so you need a licence pro to use them

Posted Thu 24 Apr 14 @ 11:15 am
Ok let me get this straight. I need to check if a VDJs' value as song time or loop or a vu meter is greater or smaller than a certain value. How can I do that? I just need some guideline in those commands. Free edition works fine with skinning and controllers for a limited time.

Posted Thu 24 Apr 14 @ 11:32 am
a round=100% so:

loop ? param_smaller 12% ? loop 0.125 ? nothing : loop 0.125 : param_smaller 24% ? loop 0.25 ? nothing : loop 0.25 : param_smaller 36% ? loop 0.5 ? nothing : loop 0.5 : param_smaller 48% ? loop 1 ? nothing : loop 1 : param_smaller 60% ? loop 2 ? nothing : loop 2 : param_smaller 72% ? loop 4 ? nothing : loop 4 : param_smaller 84% ? loop 8 ? nothing : loop 8 : loop 16 ? nothing : loop 16 : nothing

Posted Thu 24 Apr 14 @ 12:18 pm
You can't use param_greater on a skin

However you can use var_greater, var_smaller and var_equal to compare VARIABLES

Also, most of the time the way VDJ skin engine works you will actually want to know when a condition is equal to something.

You can't use get loop & param_greater 4 ? do this : do that

However you can do the following ? loop 32 ? this : loop 16 ? that : loop 8 ? that other thing : loop 4 ? this other other thing : nothing

Posted Thu 24 Apr 14 @ 6:04 pm
Phantom I know that this example with loops dont work (I have seen a related post of yours while ago). I don' t need to do anything in particular at the moment but I would like to know the syntax of this command so if you have an example in handy please paste it here. The basic thing I care about is if there is any possible way to check with this commands, if a VDJs' value like e.g. time, position, bpm (I think you get the point) is greater/smaller/equal to a certain value.

The main reason I am asking is that i have some 'tricks' in my mind about creating some time repeated functions and feedbacks on VDJ.

Cheers!

Posted Thu 24 Apr 14 @ 8:21 pm
Actually my loops example works just fine because I use it on my skins... :P

However, no you can't use "deck 1 get_bpm & param_greater 128 ? play : cue" on a skin

Posted Fri 25 Apr 14 @ 1:29 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)