Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Can i use 2 dj software with 2 different dj controller on 1 laptop?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I own RMX2 and running it on virtual dj, now I am planning to buy Novation Twitch will run it on Serato, and can I run it on same laptop. Please help me guys. Thanks.

Posted Mon 07 Apr 14 @ 5:31 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Are you asking if you can run them both at the same time, or just have them both installed and run able on one PC?

You can have them both on the PC

You will probably have issues trying to run them both if they are using the same sound output. Performance issues will probably arise just trying to run them both at the same time.

Virtual DJ does support multiple decks and multiple controllers at the same time if your trying to use both controllers at once, however, you would have to upgrade to pro for that.

Posted Mon 07 Apr 14 @ 7:24 pm
Thanks. I would like to run it at the same time on 1 laptop. If does, should I switch virtual dj software to another software right? Like, switching my RMX2 to TRAKTOR and the Novation Twitch on Serato. So, this could be done, well, thank you for informing me with upcoming performance issues. Well I'm going to borrow my friends controller to try it out. thank you so much for the tips. Your AWESOME!

Posted Tue 08 Apr 14 @ 8:23 am
Hello Blck Jck

It is possible to use two controllers with VDJ8 at the same time?

I use a VMS4.1 and would also like to use an old Akai MPD-16 just to trigger samples from the pads. Do both controllers need to be either HID or MIDI?

Thanks in advance!
D.

Posted Mon 14 Jul 14 @ 7:53 pm
mddrudge wrote :

It is possible to use two controllers with VDJ8 at the same time?

Yes.

Posted Tue 15 Jul 14 @ 4:14 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

Posted Tue 15 Jul 14 @ 10:46 am
I've connected two controllers and it works but there is a huge delay on everything that I try to do, even the waveforms are delayed. Is this problem in the software or is my computer just too slow to handle it?

Posted Sun 11 Jan 15 @ 8:02 pm
Shouldn't be a problem in the software since a lot of users use two controllers and none of them complained about huge delays.
So it may be your sound settings, or something else.

Would you mind to let us know which controller's you're trying to use ?

Posted Mon 12 Jan 15 @ 3:15 am
I'm using a Numark 4 Trak and trying to add in a Novation Launchpad S.

Posted Mon 06 Apr 15 @ 10:51 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)