Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: VDJ 8's default skin - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
We've all seen the screen shot on the general board, what do you think?

I personally think it caters too much for a beginner and looks cheap, it looks like it is made for a tablet (tablets are becoming popular I agree, but tablet skins look shit on laptops, objects are too big and bulky {the button on the top tells me this is the laptop skin})

Short of destroying the whole thing and starting again here are some of the alterations I would make in rough
I've made the changes on the left deck and the right as is but the changes would be symmetrical, I haven't considered the browser section

http://oi59.tinypic.com/2nhoryo.jpg

How do you feel about it (the default skin) and what would you change?

Posted Tue 01 Apr 14 @ 10:41 pm
you should be able to do all of that with skinning..

Posted Wed 02 Apr 14 @ 4:49 am
locodog wrote :
objects are too big and bulky {the button on the top tells me this is the laptop skin})

I think you're wrong. The button on top tells me it's a laptop-Skin and the view is for touch. And I guess you can change the view on the fly to "normal" by press the Icon left behind....
And if the gui is for touch, the faders / buttons must have a big size.

No fade out can simply done by skinning, so at a closer look it's a fine layout (for touch).

Time will tell....

;o)
Music234

Posted Wed 02 Apr 14 @ 5:27 am
As above I'm sure this can be achieved with some skin alterations

But why don't you wait and see how It works for real rather than making judgement on a picture??

I'm not saying your wrong or right but I'm sure there are other things in there which aren't obvious on first look.

Posted Wed 02 Apr 14 @ 8:45 am
I will be doing these alterations when the time comes, Since other comments about the skin have been in the wrong place and thus in danger of derailing another thread, I just figure there should be a space for constructive criticism

To me the laptop icon (on the top line) looks like it is the chosen option of the 2, (I'm hoping it is the other way round now)

Some of the additions they have made I like (like the master output VU, I've already put this in V7 months and months ago)
Most of the alterations I have proposed I have already carried out with V7 (except moving the event point)

Waiting for the release and the criticising is the wrong way around, like building a house and then requesting planning permission.

Posted Wed 02 Apr 14 @ 9:55 am
I agree. But we don't know whether the skin contains panels that may have other things behind them.

I didn't say you were criticising. I simply said that we all should wait and see what ends up in front of us when the time comes and then make judgements based on that.

Posted Wed 02 Apr 14 @ 11:06 am
synthet1c wrote :
you should be able to do all of that with skinning..

i agree with you in every possible way.. the should remove the fade out on the waveforms the big cover art,and the the cover art at the end of the waveform..

Posted Thu 10 Apr 14 @ 4:39 am
The hope is that that shot is from a tablet device, but I have no doubt things will need tweaking for my personal liking, but hey at least you can if you want to.

Posted Thu 10 Apr 14 @ 6:13 am
AsTheDJPRO InfinityMember since 2008

Posted Tue 15 Apr 14 @ 4:43 pm
It looks like the same skin on the same mode (tablet) but with the scratch panel showing.

Posted Wed 16 Apr 14 @ 3:37 am
You know you can already get a view like this view! its called show covers. There will be an option not to use it.

This is the official skin and not the tablet skin, the default skins are always a big n basic for new comers.

Posted Thu 17 Apr 14 @ 5:20 pm
I'm aware of show covers, to me and a few others it looks like the default skin has 2 viewing options tablet/touch and desktop and how everything is big and spaced out the assumption is that what we're looking at is tablet view

Posted Sat 19 Apr 14 @ 4:23 am
on virtual dj 7 default skin is perfect 10 out of 10 from me the best ever ,nice big waveforms on top of the screen ,nice sized deck to, i wish this happen with virtual dj 8 .
I don't like small sized decks. on virtual dj 8 are half sized waveforms in 2 deck mode ,deck waveforms are to small ,deck font to small can't read it, need longer top waveforms , deck long waveforms bigger font on decks or to make able to use virtual dj 7 skin on virtual dj 8 would be perfect !

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 8:44 am
You can use V7 skins with V8 just copy the zip file to V8's skins folder.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 3:03 pm
Although I do agree. Functions like quantised jump need the waveform to be big, ok if you have a large screen but it's hit and miss with a smaller one.

Posted Tue 13 May 14 @ 6:22 pm
most I tried with panels don't work as the position of the panel is out of alignment, if they don't have panels they will work though.

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 3:13 am
I got to play with our rig's copy (briefly) If the rhythm wave was a panel that could be switched to a screen width waveform panel I think that would work better (better results for a smaller monitor) for quantised jumping.

Posted Wed 14 May 14 @ 4:51 am
I was enjoying playing around with the new default skin in Tablet mode, but then I installed and tried some other "Touch" skins and seem to have lost the default skin. I can't seem to find it available for download. Can anyone help me? Thank you.

Posted Sun 18 May 14 @ 10:23 am
Please note that the "BROWSER BOTTON", "SAMPLER BOTTON", "EFFECTS BOTTON", AND "RECORD BOTTON" on DARK DEFULT HD SKIN INTERFACE are not working on VIRTUAL DJ 8. Please help ASAP.

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 8:09 am
Thats because they are not required in version 8.

If you choose to use that skin you will have to put up with it until the skin is updated (if it is updated). Otherwise use a skin specifically built for version 8.

Posted Tue 20 May 14 @ 11:26 am
80%