Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Q from a 100% blind user: Does Virtual DJ 5.0 supports DJ Controllers?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello,
My Name is Patrick. I am 100% blind.
In an special Efford a great friend of mine has Made Virtual DJ 5.0 accessible! It took him a year to do it.
My question is now:
I want to get a DJ controller like the DENON DN-MC6000 MK 1 or MK 2 or the STANTON DJC.4 .
I want / need to know if Version 5.0 will support these controllers? It would be bad if I buy a controller only to find out I can not use it.

I know it would be easier to just upgrade to the latest Virtual DJ version but then all the programmed accessibility for the basic skin would go away. It took my very knofledged friend a year to make this for Version 5.0. So if possible I must go with version 5.0

Help before I buy expensive hardware is much appricated.

Best wishes,
Patrick, Germany

Posted Mon 31 Mar 14 @ 4:36 pm
If all the work that your friend made is a SKIN file, then Version 5 skins will work with latest version of VirtualDj.

Other than that, no, it's technically impossible to make a modern controller work with such an old version.

Posted Mon 31 Mar 14 @ 7:23 pm
Hi,
thanks for your answer! that saves me a lot of Money! What he did is to write scripts that perform speciffic aktions on exact screen positions!
For example to aktivate a 4 bead loop I press control + shift +1 etc. It is a funktion that my software allows. then he created promts that speak text at speciffic areas of the screen. For example with a key kombination I get the remaining time of a track spoken.

Now when I upgrade to the latest version I am sure the interface changes and everything he did must be done again. And it also would needed to be tested if it still works.

The work on a skin would may be have been better. But I fund out about it once it has been done. It would be great to know if this interface has changed from Version 5 to what we are up now. I am working with the basic screen. It would be a great idear to create a skin that works for 100% blind people. I will post this as a request. Thanks a lot!

Regards, Patrick

Posted Tue 01 Apr 14 @ 5:53 am
Does there exists a controller that has worked with Version 5? If I really have to deal with the newest version it may take an full year to get the new version going. So if there is a controller for 5.0 I will try to get it first before I do anything else.
Thanks, Patrick

Posted Tue 01 Apr 14 @ 8:24 am
Yyou can't use Virtual DJ (even old versions) with a controller unless you have a full Pro license, so you'll need to purchase one first.

Posted Tue 01 Apr 14 @ 8:45 am
I have one here! Let me know what controller works ok?

Posted Tue 01 Apr 14 @ 9:23 am
If you have a license then you should register it to your account.

Posted Tue 01 Apr 14 @ 9:37 am
Sure, will do! dont know how. I am feeling a bit like I vasted my money as I now have an accessible solution here where I can not attach an Controller to I am a hardware DJ vor almost 20 years now. I really hope I get this working or I have to ask for a refund. I understand that I am stuck right now and may not get what I need.
the Manual from 5.0 is protekted so my screenreader Jaws for Windows Version 15.0 has trouble accessing it.
Anyway thanks.
Regards,
Patrick

Posted Tue 01 Apr 14 @ 10:04 am
If you have version 5 installed, the eleven supported controllers are listed under the config settings (remote control).

Posted Tue 01 Apr 14 @ 10:41 am
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I believe you are stating you have a Pro License
You can register your serial number by editing your profile. The following link should take you there.
http://www.virtualdj.com/contact/index.html]http://www.virtualdj.com/users/edit.html[/url/

If you have trouble with that, you can contact support at this link.

[url]http://www.virtualdj.com/contact/index.html

After it is registered, we can get you up to the current level. There are a great number of people on this site that I'm sure would be willing to help if there are issues with your skin or scripts, myself included.

Posted Tue 01 Apr 14 @ 10:54 am
Hello,
Let me answer your questions one by one:

blckjck:
thanks a lot! I will check before I go there and enter any to make sure it is the right info. I am sure it can not be changed later on.

groovindj:
that part of the menue is not accessible for me. sorry!

I fund a controller after searching for an accessible Virtual DJ 5.0 manual on the web.
It is the Hercules DJ-Console-Rmx. It is on Amazon here:
http://www.amazon.de/Hercules-4780474-DJ-Console-Rmx/dp/B0012GS2T2

It looks like this will work for me.
It is hard to go into config for me because my screen reader can only read what has been made accessible. This part of the config is not accessible.

Posted Tue 01 Apr 14 @ 12:08 pm
This message is for Patrick, I was wanting to know how to obtain a copy of the Scripps to make virtual DJ accessible. I am looking at getting a new Mark and S7 DJ controller. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I know without the Scripps it is not accessible, it used to be accessible on the Mac and it is no longer accessible at least in my experience. Again any help would be greatly appreciated

Posted Fri 12 Dec 14 @ 6:11 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)