Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: HOW TO SET UP HEADPHONES AND COMPUTER SPEAKERS FROM PIONNER DDJ WEGO2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

hello. im new here. my problem is. i want to know how to use the headphones as a cue and my computer speakers as my main output.
i use controller from pionner dj wego2 and just updated the new firmware and software for this controller.
i have tried all from the previous topic but nothing changed
the best i can get was my headphones produce the sound like computer speakers but got some distort/noise in the headphones.
someone please help me. im new here :(

Posted Mon 31 Mar 14 @ 10:59 am
ok. now the problem that i faced (no headphones cue) is settled. but another problem is the sound from the headphones got a lil bit distort like a annoying sound. may i know why?

Posted Tue 01 Apr 14 @ 11:01 am
You may need to adjust buffer size of the WeGO ASIO driver.

Posted Tue 01 Apr 14 @ 11:19 am
thanks but how to adjust the buffer sound on the wego2?

Posted Tue 01 Apr 14 @ 12:28 pm
groovindj wrote :
You may need to adjust buffer size of the WeGO ASIO driver.

ok now i know where the settings. but i tried to reduce and increase the buffer but the output is still the same.. :(

Posted Tue 01 Apr 14 @ 12:35 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
So, the distortion comes only from Headphones ? No distortion on the Master Output ?
That seems to be a hardware issue then (either your Headphones are bad, or the cable or even the WeGO socket)

Posted Wed 02 Apr 14 @ 12:20 pm
yes. it came from my headphone only. the master output is okay. i try using another headphone but still produce the same distort noise. i only bought this wego within a week.

Posted Wed 02 Apr 14 @ 1:11 pm
okay. now i got a lil bit improvement. i increase the buffer size lil bit by lil bit. but still got tiny little distortion. sound like cut off.

Posted Wed 02 Apr 14 @ 1:15 pm
Give DPC Latency Checker a run and see if your computer shows any issues that may be affecting things.

(For Windows 8 try LatencyMon instead)

Posted Wed 02 Apr 14 @ 4:13 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
chemtastic wrote :
yes. it came from my headphone only. the master output is okay. i try using another headphone but still produce the same distort noise. i only bought this wego within a week.

I am surprised by your reply.
Assuming that you are using the LE version of VirtualDJ, you should have both speakers and headphones connected to the WeGO, so not sure how one stereo Output of the same sound card could come out with distortion and the other one without.

Posted Wed 02 Apr 14 @ 8:08 pm
djdad wrote :
chemtastic wrote :

I am surprised by your reply.
Assuming that you are using the LE version of VirtualDJ, you should have both speakers and headphones connected to the WeGO, so not sure how one stereo Output of the same sound card could come out with distortion and the other one without.

okay. what i mean is i use the computer speakers. the speakers is NOT connected to the wego2 but only the headphones. so that's why my computer speakers did not have the distortion sound but ONLY the headphones come out with the distortion.

Posted Thu 03 Apr 14 @ 9:28 am
groovindj wrote :
Give DPC Latency Checker a run and see if your computer shows any issues that may be affecting things.

(For Windows 8 try LatencyMon instead)

ok already done the test. result is:

test interval: 1000us

current latency: 166us

absolute maximun: 328us

Posted Thu 03 Apr 14 @ 9:30 am
Please refer to page 4 of your WeGO manual - "adjusting the buffer size".

What are your settings there? Buffer size/latency/bit depth/kernel buffers

Note the information in the manual about changing settings to deal with sound issues.

Posted Thu 03 Apr 14 @ 9:37 am
i just changed my settings according to the manual but still got a lil bit interrupted sound. my setting now is
buffer size : 704sample
lattency: 15.9ms
bit depth : 24bit
kernel buffers : 2

Posted Tue 08 Apr 14 @ 4:02 am
Try bit depth of 16 bit.

Unless you are mastering your own tracks in 24 bit and have a very high quality speaker system (and amazing ears) it's better to use 16 bit because it's the most common format for commercially available music (CD or download). It also puts less stress on your computer because it doesn't have to convert from one bit rate to another.

Posted Tue 08 Apr 14 @ 1:11 pm
groovindj wrote :
Try bit depth of 16 bit.

Unless you are mastering your own tracks in 24 bit and have a very high quality speaker system (and amazing ears) it's better to use 16 bit because it's the most common format for commercially available music (CD or download). It also puts less stress on your computer because it doesn't have to convert from one bit rate to another.

thanks master. i will try it later. :)

Posted Fri 11 Apr 14 @ 2:42 am
hi i just got a ddj-wego 2 and i cant get the cue to work i press it it comes on but when i want it to play out the speakers (i turn cue off) nothing happens!! PLZ help :-(

Posted Wed 27 Jan 16 @ 5:01 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)