Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: wtf - on song load hot cues disregarded and automatically set to first beat
paxwebbPRO InfinityMember since 2009
I'm sure this is something simple that was accidentally activated somewhere but I have no idea how to disable this "feature" and it's seriously screwing with my mixes. I have (hot) cues set for all my music and usually when I load a song into the player it snaps to the first cue I have manually set previously. However, now when I load songs, the first cue point is "missing" (I hope it is still saved in my database) and VDJ automatically scans the song (each time it's loaded) and sets a cue point where it thinks the first real beat starts. Often this is a long way into the song, sometimes even minutes into the song and past the 2nd or even 3rd cue points that I have previously set!

Furthermore, if I try to use the jog wheel to scrub back through the timeline to re-setup my previous cue point, as soon as I let go of the wheel, the timeline snaps back to the VJD made cue point! I can't even choose a place to start my mix anymore!!! This is taking automation too far!!!

Can someone tell me how to turn off this damn thing? I've looked everywhere I can possibly think of.

Posted Sat 15 Mar 14 @ 7:57 am
I assume this is a software setting somewhere and not hardware related, but because this happened right after my friend tested my Voxoa C50 controller on his Traktor (he also installed the C50 Traktor mapping files), I am wondering now if that had something to do with this. Can anyone jump in with some advice?

Posted Sun 16 Mar 14 @ 2:54 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Is your music on, an external HDD? Have you changed the computer's name? These factors can make VDJ lose cue points.

Posted Sun 16 Mar 14 @ 7:59 am
Hey, thanks for the reply. Nothing has changed with the location of the music. In fact, the cue points are still there, the first one just gets replaced by VDJ after the song is completely scanned and loaded into memory. VDJ sets a new (1st) cue point at where it feels the first beat is, and whenever I scrub through the timeline (on pause, not play) the song snaps back to that new cue point.

Posted Sun 16 Mar 14 @ 8:53 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Then it's a bit of a mystery to me then, does it do the same when your gear (controller or whatever) is disconnected?

Posted Sun 16 Mar 14 @ 12:02 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
I think you need to check the setting AutoCue in CONFIG-->Options

If set to Always, it will load the song on HotCue 1 or if it doesnt exist, it will use the First strong beat.
If set to Enabled, it will load the song on HotCue 1 and if it doesnt exist, it will just start from the beginning of the song.

VirtualDJ Manual - Page 39

Posted Sun 16 Mar 14 @ 6:41 pm
Yes, it would seem that the Auto Cue setting is forced on "always." No matter what setting I choose for Auto Cue (including disabled), VDJ is ignoring my preset cue, and in fact erasing it and replacing it with an auto-cue one of its choosing. Therefore every time I load a track VDJ rewrites my database. If I redo the cue point and reload the track immediately after, the same thing... my custom cue point is replaced by the VDJ one. VERY annoying since I now have to go through my entire database and see what songs have been compromised. But FIRST, I have to fix the source of the problem. Should I delete the pref file, thereby creating a fresh one? Has anyone else seen this bizarre behaviour before? HELP!

PS. This happens with or without the controller connected.

Posted Mon 17 Mar 14 @ 2:00 pm
I'm experiencing the same problem here. I have Hot Cues set for my songs, and the "autoCue" option set to "cue". However, if I load a song, it still defaults to the start of the song. Totally ignores my Hot Cues. I've tried all other options ("cue/skip silence", etc.) and it behaves the same exact way, regardless of the option I select.

Please help. This is a huge burden on my night.

Posted Tue 15 Dec 15 @ 8:31 pm
Small correction... when I set autoCue to "FirstBeat", it will jump to an odd part of the song when loaded (a point which is not even close to the 1st beat). There's something wrong with the entire autoCue function.

Posted Tue 15 Dec 15 @ 8:35 pm
benjisun wrote :
I'm experiencing the same problem here. I have Hot Cues set for my songs, and the "autoCue" option set to "cue". However, if I load a song, it still defaults to the start of the song. Totally ignores my Hot Cues. I've tried all other options ("cue/skip silence", etc.) and it behaves the same exact way, regardless of the option I select.

Please help. This is a huge burden on my night.

I'm having this same issue. Can someone help me here? There is no option to set autocue to always or enabled, just skip silence/first beat/cue/cue+skip silence.

I have it set to cue, but it still starts at the beginning of the song. I'm talking about when I drop a new track on top of an already playing track, and it is set to autoplay on load. It auto plays at the beginning instead of the first cue point.

Posted Mon 03 May 21 @ 2:53 am