Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: 7.4.1 & VMS4.1

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Happy Holiday All!
I've searched & looked. Thought I saw something about this earlier but can't find it.

I upgraded to 7.4.1 & it doesn't work with my VMS4.1. Checked the configurations in VDJ & the settings on the VMS4.1
I'm stumped. I'm sure there's something that I've forgotten or am not doing.
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance for your help
Spyndi

Posted Sun 22 Dec 13 @ 11:58 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
so where is the problem exactly...?

Posted Sun 22 Dec 13 @ 3:20 pm
no sound

Posted Sun 22 Dec 13 @ 7:22 pm
You'll have to be a lot more specific than just saying "it doesn't work" or "no sound"....

You say you've checked the VDJ config and VMS4 settings - so what are they? What do you have them set on?

Posted Mon 23 Dec 13 @ 5:44 am
ok -
Soundcard is set to VMS4
Inputs at NONE
Outputs set on External Mixer- never worked at the "blank" setting

The VMS4.1 is set for usb all 4 channels. Even double checked to see if the "reverse crossfader" was accidentally selected.
I'm actually only running it as "2 decks" - 1&2 on channel 2 3&4 on channel 3.

When looking at the screen, the "sliders" all work, but I have no sound.

Am I missing something?

Posted Mon 23 Dec 13 @ 8:40 am
You have connected the output of the VMS4 to a pair of powered speakers (or an amp & passive speakers) yes?

Posted Mon 23 Dec 13 @ 10:07 am
YES - connected to a pair of powered speakers.
At this point, I am going to try a reinstall of everything.
If that doesn't work, I'm going to request a downgrade.
And oh - thanks for your help.

Posted Mon 23 Dec 13 @ 6:35 pm
I'm using VDJ LE 7.4.1 with my American Audio VMS2, it used to work fine. No I get no sound out of the Midi output, or with the head phones. On the computer i shows it's playing music but no sound comes out. All the buttons and slides on the MIDI move on the computer program. I show now sound on the MIDI it self. I go to the Config and the only option I get is the ADVANCED OPTIONS and it wants me to buy an upgrade. I have a valid serial number entered. I removed the program and reloaded it and still nothing. I'f I try to run it as a stand alone with just the PC it does the same thing. HELP... I have a party tomorrow and need this working.....

Posted Fri 27 Mar 15 @ 4:36 pm
I don't know why an update would effect the VMS4.1 from not working. I was in v7 for a little using the VMS4.1 and initially I had issues but once I get that working, all has been good. My problem was telling VDJ to use the VMS4.1 soundcard and not my laptop PC. Once I got that working, it's all been good. When I upgraded to V8, I now have the ability to keep multiple setups so when I use my laptop sound card, I tell VDJ to use a different profile... and when I move to my VMS4.1, I then select that profile.

Maybe start from the begging and make sure you get your system working with you computers output and then work from there.

I'm not on V7 anymore so I'm not sure how much help I can be....

joe...

Posted Sun 29 Mar 15 @ 2:58 pm
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
Make sure that:
- you have plugged in the VMS to the same USB Port that you used during the drivers installation
- the controller is set to 8out
- all decks are set to USB ( switches front side )
- that you are using the controller in (default) Pre EQ Mode
- that you have plugged in your speakers to the outputs of your controller ( PC Speakers will not work )

Posted Tue 31 Mar 15 @ 6:28 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)