Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Need help with text zone

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi guys, having a small issue with a skin I have been building, regarding a textzone element.

code:
<textzone deck="1" pannel="deck_1_info">
<pos x="365" y="162"/>
<size width="56" height="17"/>
<text font="lcd" size="20" color="#FFFFFF" weight="bold" align="left" format="%Ppitch"/>
</textzone>

My problem is when I adjust the pitch slider the text does not change until I switch between panels. The panel below contains a songpos element, when I take this out of the xml, the textzone works fine. This was also happening with the BPM and pitchrange textzones until I moved them to above the position of the songpos element on the second panel. I have made a short video demonstrating the problem...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhl5X4j8wQI

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Wayne

Posted Fri 01 Nov 13 @ 12:28 am
Ok I have tried everything and nothing has worked. So I have changed some things around to get it working again, however its worth noting that some textzone elements wont work if there's a songpos element in the same position on a different panel.

I had this error with the pitch and pitch range textzones. after moving them out of the position of the sogpos element, they work again.

Posted Fri 01 Nov 13 @ 1:27 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Its a well known bug in version 7. when songpos is at the same area with textzones, those do not get refreshed if switch panel. You will need to abandon this project and leave the songpos always visible.

Posted Fri 01 Nov 13 @ 2:22 pm
Thanks djdad, its ok now ive moved it up above it as shown in the image and it works fine.

Posted Fri 01 Nov 13 @ 4:24 pm
djjbPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi, change the textzone in buttons and it works

Posted Sat 02 Nov 13 @ 4:30 pm
djjb wrote :
Hi, change the textzone in buttons and it works

nice tip ;)

Posted Sun 03 Nov 13 @ 6:21 am
Do you mean make the textzone a button?

Posted Mon 04 Nov 13 @ 1:34 am
djjbPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Yes. A button with text.
Do you need an examplse of it? I'm not on a pc so copy/paste isn't easy now.

Best regards,
John

Posted Mon 04 Nov 13 @ 9:25 am
No example needed thanks m8, just needed to be sure that's how it was done. Ive actually fixed it now anyway, the video shows how it originally was, and the image shows how I fixed it, by moving it out of the songpos area. the image is 2 different views of the same deck, just different displays.

Its handy to know for future reference tho, thank you ;)

Posted Mon 04 Nov 13 @ 3:50 pm
Text button, are normal buttons with <text> line too.
So something like this...
<button action="you can also have ..nothing here" ...>
<pos ... />
<size .../>
<up ... />
<text dx="" dy="" font=".." size=" .." etc />
</button>

PS. Text will be visible on all states though (up/down/selected etc)

Posted Mon 04 Nov 13 @ 6:32 pm
Thanks for all your help guys, its appreciated, almost finished now :)

Posted Tue 05 Nov 13 @ 5:04 pm
Not sure how the skin will work, but definitely i wouldnt want to lose the songposition or any other textzone, just because i need to see the BPM, pitch or times.
Is the balck rectangular on the right jogwheel an area where you will see any of them ?

Posted Tue 05 Nov 13 @ 8:47 pm
djdad wrote :
Not sure how the skin will work, but definitely i wouldnt want to lose the songposition or any other textzone, just because i need to see the BPM, pitch or times.
Is the balck rectangular on the right jogwheel an area where you will see any of them ?

No that's for the video display, everything you need to see can be found on the display panels, i.e BPM, key, gain, pitchrange etc etc.

Posted Tue 05 Nov 13 @ 11:53 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)