Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: AUDIO-Effect ideas - Which do you miss as an effect for VirtualDJ?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

ChacklPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Hello!

Next winter is coming and my next holidays at home need to be "planed" over christmas :D
So i'll have more time now again to think about some new AUDIO-effects.

So i do not want do develope effects that are not needed or wanted if they are finished - so i need the oppinion of all End-Users that may need them every day.

I'm testing at the a new procedure for a flanger, phaser and bitcrusher. There is also a reverb plugin but i think this does not make sence.
I'll also do a trans-cut effect and some roll experiments lile Pioneer DJMs got them.

I know that there are a lot of effects online that will do the same - but at the most case they are not st any standart (Dry/Wet slider is not slider 1 - too much sliders - too much different settings)
The goal is to control all the effects with maximum 2 Sliders so all will get Dry/Wet and Deeth - 2 Buttons for an X-Pad Emulation and get an universal standart like hardwaremixers do.

So are there any ideas for effects that are missing at the moment?
If you request PLEASE:
Give me an exact name and a Audio Sample or a youtube video so that i could here the effect. Just describing the effect ist 'not enought' in most cases ;)

Regards
C.Hackl

Posted Mon 28 Oct 13 @ 7:57 am
This exactly what I've been waiting to hear!! Our plugins are a mess, don't get me wrong there good but I don't need 4,5,6,7 sliders and most controllers will only have 2 or 3 knobs to control them.

I say start at the beginning and redo them all, lol! Flanger, Phaser, Echo, Reverb, Delay, Gater, and whatever else you think is needed. Also please share with the Mac side.

Posted Mon 28 Oct 13 @ 12:33 pm

Posted Mon 28 Oct 13 @ 4:14 pm
I only use reverb and delay, It would be nice to have good reverb that is dry on the left, mixed in the middle and wet on the right, a second slider could control the size, But the thing I would really like is a simple volume control that you could layer behind all other effects to emulate post fader effects. Finally any new delays are welcome, I really like "ramp_delay" but hate that it has a distinct click when it records a sample and it would be nice to have a more controlled stretch like is found on the EFX-1000

Posted Mon 28 Oct 13 @ 4:23 pm
ChacklPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Well i know a platform would be needed - this may catch up the time management much better but i fear i would not do this because i do not want to force virtualdj to artifical bugs :P

Belonging to Reverb:
Well i have something here a reverb from VSTis done by severals devs out of the VSTi scene. The Problem - It uses too much CPU - about 5% for stereo here on my machine. - but i'll try my best here to port something useable to VDJ.

i'm working now on:
Flanger - HQ Delay Feedback module to get a "round" sound
Phaser - HQ Delay with feedback filter
Crusher - Limmitless crusher for all virtual samplerates with angle / Slop optimation to save the speakers
Filter - State Variable Filter optimized for Studio VSTis

All types will get Manual and Auto by an LFO

i'm Planing on:
Delay - Delays (Normal & Pingpong) with a post-Volume Fader
Trans - A Trans effect known by DJMs from Pioneer and the X1X00 Series by Denon
Roll - Variation with up down and updown

BeatGrid V2 - Will get an update to VST SDK 2.4 (much faster loading) - but it will stay a VSTi because:
* Making the GUI of Beatgrid V2 in VirtualDJ SDK may be too hard at the moment for me
* As there is a problem with GetSongSamples on MAC - i can not be shure to get a working MAC release
Maybe i'll fix that in future - but now i thing we have other needed things.#

Pew pew i see - i would not get bored this winter :P

Regards
C.Hackl

Posted Tue 29 Oct 13 @ 4:34 am
Rnow3PRO InfinityMember since 2011
How about a Zip effect like on the DJM2000.

Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZrUnBoITyU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Posted Wed 30 Oct 13 @ 2:12 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)