Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Video Discussion

Topic: Go Pro - For Video Feed?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Has anyone tried to use the go pro as a live video feed?
I have been toying with getting one of the cameras but if it means i can use it for a live video camera feed as well then I'm sold.

Just getting back into the video djing side of things so looking at all options to just add something different to the party.
Thanks

Posted Fri 11 Oct 13 @ 7:25 pm
ian.. I have a gopro .. and toying with the idea myself... I looks technicaly possible... but what software or pluging needs to be used

Posted Tue 15 Oct 13 @ 4:07 pm
I recently set up my Go Pro3 to Wi-Fi video and its pretty cool. You basically have to install the Go Pro APP on your phone, register your Go Pro to get recent updates, then set up your Go Pro's Wi Fi in your phones settings.
Once your phone APP recognizes the Go Pro you hit record on the phone which acts like a remote. You can then turn the Go Pro On/Off right from the phone.

Posted Wed 23 Oct 13 @ 5:18 am
*However, being new to this myself it looks like you will need another method, perhaps via software to actually stream live video. The GoPro APP allows playback & sharing of video & pics saved by the camera, but the WiFi is basically just for remote operation of the Go Pro.

Posted Wed 23 Oct 13 @ 3:05 pm
Tried to get a live feed from my Gopro 3 to vdj7 and VDJ8 - it was a NoGo as vdj nor the laptop treat the Gopro as a webcam.

Posted Sat 25 Oct 14 @ 1:33 pm
VDJ should partner with GoPro to bring this functionality to the next version of software. A live video feed solution is lacking. I can do a USB webcam but it's not wireless and the Webcam is not optimized for low light applications that the new GoPro Black 4 is designed for.

Posted Sat 14 Feb 15 @ 2:05 pm
I use both my iPhone and iPad as a wireless camera, download and try "PocketCam".

Works on both PC and Mac.......

Posted Wed 25 Feb 15 @ 11:46 am
The camera plugin for 7 is quite pathetic on the pc side. Whatever camera I would use I was never able to get a decent feed.
It does not seem like there will be any further attempt to develop a camera plugin for pc with version 8...presently there is only a mac plugin.
There was actually a user who had managed to develop a working plugin for 7 a few years ago (based off the original vdj dll) he had posted a link for the dll here on the site. I had to re-format and was never able to find it again but that was the only functional plugin for virtual dj on the pc platform that worked well. I believe the dudes name was Sean or something like that.
The problem with digital cameras seems to be that they send data to the computer as files and not as code.

Posted Mon 30 Mar 15 @ 1:40 am
djBAVPRO InfinityMember since 2011
If you want a camera plugin for your PC, try TellyMedia.

Posted Thu 09 Apr 15 @ 5:02 pm
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
there are also some USB Converters that allows you to connect any kind of cam via usb to your system and it will be detectet/ recognized as a webcam

Posted Fri 10 Apr 15 @ 2:46 am
Need a camera that connects via USB that is great in low light to show the dancefloor. Any suggestion? VDJ is lacking support for this.

Posted Sun 30 Oct 16 @ 7:31 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)