Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Sampler play_Stutter on MBP OS 10.8.5

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hey everyone... I just picked up a MBP, and I am testing out mapping. On my PC laptop, was able to change the sampler to play at a stutter using the advised command. However, I cannot seem to get the action to replicate on my MBP. I searched the wiki and forums and I haven't been able to come across anything like this issue. If anyone can help me sort this out, Id really appreciate it!

Thanks in advance!

Posted Sat 21 Sep 13 @ 2:55 pm
anyone?

Posted Tue 24 Sep 13 @ 11:05 pm
it's simply

sampler # play_stutter

you can change the number to the sampler slot you want to target, or omit it if you want to target the selected sampler "that's the one shown on the skin. eg.

sampler 7 play_stutter
sampler play_stutter

A little tip.. if you go into the mapper and type "sampler" in the action box it will show all the relevant verbs associated with the sampler and if you need an explanation just click on the words that populate. Otherwise there is a list of all the verbs are a somewhat hidden in the wiki.

https://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/VDJscript_verbs.html

Posted Tue 24 Sep 13 @ 11:25 pm
synthet1c wrote :
it's simply

sampler # play_stutter

you can change the number to the sampler slot you want to target, or omit it if you want to target the selected sampler "that's the one shown on the skin. eg.

sampler 7 play_stutter
sampler play_stutter

A little tip.. if you go into the mapper and type "sampler" in the action box it will show all the relevant verbs associated with the sampler and if you need an explanation just click on the words that populate. Otherwise there is a list of all the verbs are a somewhat hidden in the wiki.

https://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/VDJscript_verbs.html

Thanks Synthen1c... I've tried that, as I did it on my Windows laptop, and it worked without issue. For whatever reason, when I try to set the command on the MacBook, the setting doesn't take action. Further more, I can't even get the keyboard keys to change to the stutter command. I'm really at a loss.

Posted Thu 26 Sep 13 @ 12:23 pm
anyone else? I guess I'm doing something else wrong?

Posted Mon 30 Sep 13 @ 1:40 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
When you assign a different action to a keyboard shortcut or a controller, and re-launch the software, is the new action still there or kept the old one ? There could be a permission issue with the VirtualDJ Home Folder.

Posted Mon 30 Sep 13 @ 4:55 pm
djdad wrote :
When you assign a different action to a keyboard shortcut or a controller, and re-launch the software, is the new action still there or kept the old one ? There could be a permission issue with the VirtualDJ Home Folder.

Thanks for the reply DJDad! Yes, I have restarted the software on different occasions after I tried to make the changes, and they did not take. Can you tell me how to check the permissions on a Mac? I only have the one account as the administrator (i believe), so I would think it should allow me to make changes.

Posted Fri 04 Oct 13 @ 1:10 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

Posted Fri 04 Oct 13 @ 4:47 pm

Posted Mon 07 Oct 13 @ 12:22 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)