Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: stacking effects.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I was wondering how to layer effects and then assign them so that the logo will always be on top of the clipbank and when I midi map the effect how do i assign the button to make the log always be on top?

Posted Fri 20 Sep 13 @ 12:24 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Video effects are layered in the order they are activated.

Posted Fri 20 Sep 13 @ 7:09 am
is there a way around it , I would like to be able to keep the logo on all the time and have the clip bank and other video clips change!

Posted Sun 22 Sep 13 @ 9:26 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Not at present I'm afraid.

You could map commands to activate clipbank and then activate show logo afterwards. Not ideal though.

Posted Mon 23 Sep 13 @ 7:33 am
cool thanks as I get it I just dont like the delay and the clip bank takes seconds to load and the screen is blank for a bit. You rock , thanks again.. Locking logo would be awesome.

Posted Mon 23 Sep 13 @ 12:25 pm
There is a way to do this with Essential Media if your looking at video and logo display

In EM, using the Media Tab and Carousel Tab:

Put your logo, video files, etc that you want to display on top in a folder. Set Carousel to be on top. Goto layout tab and drag Media, Camera, or Caoursel up or down to set the layering. Add folder that you want to use for logos, etc to the Carousel folders.

Then just run the video from the Media tab which can be automatic sequential or random.

You can set the layering, size and position, of the camera, media, or carousel items.

This way your logo will be on top of videos from media tab and all is remembered. You could also use the Carousel to display more than just logo and allow it to change up your logo as well... or throw in some advertisement. Carousel is like a slideshow feature in EM but it also does video and can be paused as well.

Of course many more options in EM and just a suggestion.

Posted Mon 23 Sep 13 @ 2:24 pm
cool , idea... My pan effect has its logo locked to it..

Posted Mon 30 Sep 13 @ 2:01 am
splaoPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Don you should make a video to show all the things that essential media could do. The best way to sell something is to show a video demo. Words can only do so much.

Posted Thu 24 Oct 13 @ 7:02 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)