Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Recording to VDJ Pro from Vinyl

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi All

I am trying to record to virtual DJ pro using my Vinyl decks and the American Audio Versadeck as the mixer. I have the software open and the USB connection from the versadeck to the laptop. the AA Versadeck is set to L1 and L2 so it is just set up like a external mixer (as advised for the correct settings in the software). If i use the Versadeck as the controller it all records ok in VDJ. the issue is when i switch it to the line in (my decks)

the problem is that when i record it using my vinyl decks it is just blank and no sound....now i guess that this is because the sound isnt going through the software.....

So can i get some advice or information how to achieve this, do i need any other cables to make it work?

any info would be much appreciated :)

Posted Mon 16 Sep 13 @ 4:49 am
If you are using the Versadeck as an analogue mixer for external sources then of course these will not be recorded by the internal recording feature of VirtualDJ because these sources are mixed within the Versadeck itself and completely bypass VirtualDJ.

Also, if the Versadeck behaves as an external mixer (Outputs: External Mixer in VirtualDJ's sound configuration), then you will also hear your pre-listening in your recording.

To be able to record, please see http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Recording%20your%20set%20or%20broadcasting%20when%20using%20an%20external%20DJ%20mixer.html

Posted Mon 16 Sep 13 @ 5:00 am
Thanks.....

So basically if i get a 5MM Jack To 2 X RCA Twin phono cable and connect it from my Booth output on the Versadeck to my input PC soundcard it should record through VDJ?

Posted Mon 16 Sep 13 @ 5:19 am
Only if you configure it via advanced sound config to use the loopback for recording from your PC's internal sound card.

You may find it easier to simply use 3rd party recording software such as Audacity to record from your PC's built-in sound card.

Posted Mon 16 Sep 13 @ 8:37 am
Yeah i think once i set it up i will use Audacity......

Thanks for your advice.........

Posted Mon 16 Sep 13 @ 8:49 am
The Versadeck is a 16bit digital mixer, I believe, so you might be able to switch its mixer to MIDI mode in the menu and use VDJ's software-based mixer to actually do all the summing, eqing, and fading, and then just record the mix also in VDJ. Or like I think consistent with what you're planning, you can just go back into some other line input on the computer and record it. It would probably be better to run some other software to do that.

Posted Wed 14 Oct 15 @ 8:58 pm
I thnk after two years, he's probably sorted it by now. :-)

Posted Thu 15 Oct 15 @ 5:45 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)