Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Getting speakers and headphones to work for previewing (Behringer Studio 4a)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I know this is a frequently brought up question but I've consulted FAQ and other posts regarding this and have experimented myself with the Sound Setup under Config for VDJ Pro 7. I recently got a Behringer Studio 4a, and I want to use the headphones to preview tracks while still playing through the speakers. I have headphones plugging into the controller itself. What do I need to set my Sound Setup to so I can achieve this? Again, sorry, I'm sure this is a dumb question for most, but I would appreciate any help.

Posted Sun 15 Sep 13 @ 10:16 pm
Anyone? I haven't managed to figure this out and the default program Deckadance that works with the Behringer leaves much to be desired..

Posted Tue 24 Sep 13 @ 8:12 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Most likely you just need to have a proper Sound Setup in VirtualDJ, since it works fine with the other software , but just in case you missed something here is what u need to know/do.

Some times operating systems do not detect all available output channels of a sound card (especially when it doesnt come with any dedicated drivers), or more accurately, they do, but set the speakers (output) to stereo instead of quadrophonic mode.

For Mac OS, goto Applications-->Utilities-->Audio Midi Setup. Select (click) the Behringer Sound Card. On the right side, make sure its on 44Khz 4ch. On the left side (on the bottom) click on the options button-->Configure speakers. Click on the Multichannel tab and select Quadrophinc (4 speakers) from the menu on the right side. Click Done (Apply).

For Windows, rightclick on the small speaker icon on the bottom taskbar-->Playback devices. Click on the Behringer sound card-->Configure, choose the 4 speakers (quadrophonic).

Open VirtualDJ goto CONFIG-->Sound Setup tab and have ..
Inputs-->None
Outputs-->Headphones
Sound card 4.1 (or 4out for Mac) and next to that select Behringer Speakers or similar.

Make sure speakers are connected to the rear Master Outputs. If not mistaken both Outputs 1 and 2 provide the same Master Output.

In case you need to preslisten from the Behringer Headphones output, but need to use speakers connected to another sound card (e.g. the built in sound card of yoru computer), you need to create an advanced Sound Setup (available in Outputs option in Sound Setup of VirtualDJ)

You need to create 2 lines..
Master .... Your computer's built in Sound card (or any other sound card that your speakers use) ..Outs 1,2
Headphones ... Behringer Speakers ... Outs 3.4

Posted Tue 24 Sep 13 @ 10:24 pm
The Studio 4a only has 2 channels when using standard Windows sound settings. You need to install the ASIO drivers that came with the controller (or download the latest v1.50 from their website). Make sure you reboot after install even though it does not say you need to. You do!!

Then, select ASIO from VDJ setup and assign the main out to 1&2 and the headphone/prelisten to 3&4. You should then have what you want. :)

Good luck!

Regards,
Duggy.

Posted Fri 19 Sep 14 @ 8:22 am
Oh, and make sure you plug the 4a into a USB2.0 socket. Mine didn't like the USB3.0 sockets on my new laptop at all.

Got ASIO errors when selecting output device. Moved to USB2.0 socket and all OK. :)

Posted Fri 19 Sep 14 @ 5:39 pm
It's been a year. They've probably sorted it by now.

:-)

Posted Fri 19 Sep 14 @ 5:40 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)