Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: New Effects?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

bww147LE userMember since 2011
JUST CURIOUS WHEN YOU GUYS PLAN ON ADDING NEW EFFECTS?

Posted Tue 10 Sep 13 @ 2:55 pm
ChacklPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Hello!

Well i'm working on 2 new things but since i know that VDJ 8 will Change some Basics i stopped working on them until V8 is out.
I think others paused for the same reason.
For CDJ_EMU, slip_brake and slip_backspin i planed also to release them for V8 but i decided to put them online earlier - and they will ned an update when V8 is coming.

Regards
C.Hackl

Posted Tue 10 Sep 13 @ 3:35 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
bww147 wrote :

There are lots of effects to download already, and you can use VSTs.

Posted Tue 10 Sep 13 @ 8:12 pm
SBDJ wrote :
bww147 wrote :

There are lots of effects to download already, and you can use VSTs.

yes there are a lot of effects but more then 85% of sound effects i download always end up not working and even worse sometimes shut down VDJ altogether. I dont know if the problem is the way I download them or maybe its where I save them on my computer, I JUST DONT KNOW can you help me out? Also i could use help on VSTs and how to download them. THANKS

Posted Fri 13 Sep 13 @ 12:33 am
you need to upgrade to VDJ Pro to be able to use effects and VST's, it will only cost $150 to upgrade one of your existing serial numbers. Once you have done that you need to make sure your C++ libraries are up to date, get them at the windows website

Posted Fri 13 Sep 13 @ 1:18 am
bww147 wrote :
yes there are a lot of effects but more then 85% of sound effects i download always end up not working and even worse sometimes shut down VDJ altogether. I dont know if the problem is the way I download them or maybe its where I save them on my computer, I JUST DONT KNOW can you help me out? Also i could use help on VSTs and how to download them. THANKS

As above, you need to upgrade to Pro to take full advantage of effects. I'd also ensure you're running the latest version.

If you are having a problem with an effect then post up about that problem and someone will probably help you sort your issues.

Posted Fri 13 Sep 13 @ 3:27 am
SBDJ wrote :
bww147 wrote :

As above, you need to upgrade to Pro to take full advantage of effects. I'd also ensure you're running the latest version.

If you are having a problem with an effect then post up about that problem and someone will probably help you sort your issues.

Thanks I appreciate the advice. Once I have some money saved up ill be sure to upgrade to pro, in the mean time i ran into another problem. I went ahead and purchased that karaoke package and realized it was a complete waste of money. Can you explain what that package is even for and how to get the most out of its features.

Posted Mon 23 Sep 13 @ 5:01 am
synthet1c wrote :
you need to upgrade to VDJ Pro to be able to use effects and VST's, it will only cost $150 to upgrade one of your existing serial numbers. Once you have done that you need to make sure your C++ libraries are up to date, get them at the windows website

I checked the price on upgrading to VDJ pro and its $199 and you said it was $150....am i wrong?

Posted Mon 23 Sep 13 @ 5:04 am
The karaoke subscription allows you to 'rent' and stream karaoke songs via the Internet to play in VirtualDJ. It requires the latest VirtualDJ v7.4 to work (Older versions v6.1 - v7.3 only support the audio subscription.) A catalogue of current available karaoke songs can be downloaded from http://www.virtualdj.com/products/subscription.html

For further information on ContentUnlimited and how to use it, please see the ContentUnlimited section of our FAQ pages: http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/FAQ.html

bww147 wrote :
I checked the price on upgrading to VDJ pro and its $199 and you said it was $150....am i wrong?

The price varies depending on the product that you are upgrading from (More expensive generally gives greater discount.) The user who quoted you this is not VirtualDJ staff and may have confused your MixTrack with the more expensive MixTrack Pro, which does give a discount of $150. The correct upgrade price from non-Pro MixTrack is $199

Posted Mon 23 Sep 13 @ 5:20 am
my video effects wont work

Posted Thu 26 Sep 13 @ 5:19 pm
Effect use in LE is limited. If you are doing video you really need the pro full version.

Posted Thu 26 Sep 13 @ 9:05 pm
Whoops, my bad... I though the iDJ3 would have been cheaper as it has a soundcard like the mixtrack pro.

Posted Thu 26 Sep 13 @ 9:24 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)