Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: VirtualTouch ver 1.1 (4:3 ratio) skin engine glitch

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi, i get a random glitch with the skin engine appearing randomly, sometimes once a month, sometimes after a few tracks and the screen renders like this...

what i get is the browser becomes stripped and very un-readable, and i notice the video previews stop showing on the skin too making karaoke work almost impossible.
a quick re-start of virualdj is a tempory fix for this glitch, but is floor-killer as i gotta use a fall back system to keep music playing.

Any thoughts on this??

My system is Win7, 2GB ram, AMD HD5570...

Posted Tue 27 Aug 13 @ 7:09 pm
is there any way of resetting just hte skin engine mid-set?
i dont think i can use another instance if im running the soundcard in ASIO mode can i??

Posted Fri 30 Aug 13 @ 11:34 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
I get glitches with the AMD 5470 as well. I believe its the same series with same driver. Not related to any specific skin. It helps if the skin is maximized though. If the skin is not maximized, then yes i get weird glitches as well.
Its definitely a driver issue, as i have no issues with any of my other 2 different video cards.

Posted Tue 22 Oct 13 @ 9:28 am
The skin is maximized by default, and as you can see in the screen shot, MAX is lit up.
this glitch happens whether its maximized or not :(

as for it being a driver issue.. well i could go down the road of downloading legacy drivers, but theres been regular updates..
one thing for sure though, i regularly re-build my windows installation to keep it clean and up to date..

when i bought my HD 5570 card, i was told it would be a triple head graphics card (as all the HD 6xxx series were advertised as so) but thats not the issue here..

would changing to another graphics card fix random frame drop-outs? fix the inability to play 1080p video without playing the file like a slide show :(
for now i'll have to put up with this :(

Posted Tue 22 Oct 13 @ 2:54 pm
also ive noticed the graphics driver has been updated quite recently, so i'll watch out for this happening again.

Posted Tue 22 Oct 13 @ 2:56 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)