Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Limiter Enable Button and Goto Commands Question

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello there I would like to create a button that allows you to enable and disable limiter on my skin. I already know the feedback command get limiter by that’s not what I am looking for. Is there any related command?|

Also I would like to be able to jump at more bars that command goto_bar allow. Actually I would like to jump at 8 bars. I already tried beat_num but I figure out that this command returns only feedback. Any Ideas?

Posted Thu 22 Aug 13 @ 5:57 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
No, there is not an action available to enable/disable Limiter, so you cant control it, or have the info on the skin, if Limiter is enabled or not.

Not sure if that is waht u need, but you can use the get beat_num action (which provides 8 beat bar query) combined with the goto action.
get beat_num 1 8 ? goto +7 : get beat_num 2 8 ? goto +6 : get beat_num 3 8 ? goto +5

Posted Thu 22 Aug 13 @ 9:05 am
While i was testing out the limiter to see if is something that i could use in my gigs, i came up with this bit of code..

LIMITER
<panel id="limiteron" group="limiters" visible="get limiter ? true : deck 1 get limiter ? true : deck 2 get limiter ? true : deck 3 get limiter ? true : deck 4 get limiter ? true : false\">
<size width="120" height="8"/>
<pos x="0" y="0"/>
<down x="+0" y="+0"/>
</panel>
<panel id="limiteroff" group="limiters" visible="get limiter ? false : deck 1 get limiter ? false : deck 2 get limiter ? false : deck 3 get limiter ? false : deck 4 get limiter ? false : true">
<size width="120" height="8"/>
<pos x="0" y="0"/>
<down x="+0" y="+0"/>
</panel>

This will notify you in the top corner of the screen that the music has reached the limiter and that it is active, and will show nothing when the music level reduces. However, to turn the limiter function off (or on) you need to set it in CONFIG

Posted Tue 27 Aug 13 @ 7:07 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)