Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Numark n4, wont send midi but the audiointerface still works

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Jonte91Home userMember since 2012
I bought a Numark n4 early winter last year, and upp until reacently it has worked very well, both with vdj, traktor and sometimes ableton, but now it wont send midi signals anymore. i can still use it as an audio interface, so if i load a song manually in vdj using the n4 as a soundcard it works no problem, but it doesnt detect the n4 as a controller at all. same goes for any other software that use midi, it doesnt detect it and i cant manually map anything whatso ever.

to rule out hardware failure, i tried hooking it up to my good for nothing laptop that BARELY handles vdj, and apart from some visual lag when loading songs it worked just fine, no problems whatsoever.

ive tried all of my usb ports, ive reinstalled the usb drivers, ive manually uninstalled and reinstalled the n4, and nothing works.

does anyone have any ideas what might be the issue?

Thanks in advance

Posted Mon 19 Aug 13 @ 7:30 pm
Two things that can/might happen are:

Another hardware product can interfere with the one you wish to use. Logitech items often cause issues. Webcams, mice etc.

Too many devices have been connected. It has been reported that some Windows systems have a "MIDI device limit". If you use (or have used) a lot of MIDI devices - which includes plugging the same one into different USB sockets - then any further devices will not show up.

Posted Tue 20 Aug 13 @ 5:51 am
Jonte91Home userMember since 2012
hmm, since ive moved around my gear alot ive most certainly used the n4 in probably all of my usb ports at some point :S is there a way to clear this out?

other than the n4, i only have my mouse and keyboard (microsoft) plugged in.

Posted Wed 21 Aug 13 @ 5:38 am
Maybe your mapper is missing(or corrupted). Check in Documents->VirtualDJ then either Mappers or Devices. Make sure its there. If not then use the installation disc and redownload it.

Posted Wed 21 Aug 13 @ 12:02 pm

Posted Sun 25 Aug 13 @ 9:06 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)