Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Using mobile apps for remote control.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

TantrixPRO InfinityMember since 2013
Hello all :) I am running the VDJ Pro 7.4 and a VMS4. Because I not only DJ but also MC for weddings (many times both at the same wedding); Depending on the wedding and the crowd; I sometimes start the dancing for the evening with an interactive portion where I get in the center of the room (usually the dance floor) and get the audience to stand up behind their chairs and then I start the first song and I get everyone to clap to the song and they come to the dancefloor with the rest of their table. Now; this means I have to start the song while I am on the dancefloor.

In order to achieve this I have tried two different Android apps...DJ Control and a remote access app called Spashtop. Both apps work equally as well and I could use either. Here is my problem. I only need that remote access for maybe 2 or 3 songs during the very beginning of the evening. When I tested these programs at home I ended up with the same issues for both. The issue is that when I am done with the remote access I turn off the program on both an Android and on my DJ laptop (while the music is playing) and even though the apps are off I still cannot regain control of VDJ with the controller. I have even tried to re-choose the mapper and controller again while playing (this causes a very brief ( half second) moment of dead air) to no avail.

Has anyone else had this issue and is there a work around that does not involve having to shutdown VDJ and restart it in order to contol the software with my controller again? Dead air is not an option.

Thanks in advance for any help :)

Posted Sun 18 Aug 13 @ 7:36 pm
Anyone??

Posted Tue 20 Aug 13 @ 7:30 pm
I only have tried (and used) splashtop remote app.
I never had an issue to "re-gain access" of my PC or VirtualDJ (In fact I was always able to control my system either by the remote app or localy side by side)
Mind you that I never tried to shut down splashtop streamer (the PC side app) as it hardly uses any resources when it doesn't have any active connections.
Two things you may want to pay attention to with splashtop are:
1) On the Android side open the advanced options of the connection and make sure that splashtop is set to keep your original screen resolution "Use computer's native display settings"
2) On the PC side open Splashtop Streamer preferences and on the settings tab select the option for the sound to be heard ONLY on the PC "Output sound only to this computer"

Posted Wed 21 Aug 13 @ 1:01 am
Thanks for your response. I will give your suggestions a try and report back.

Posted Wed 21 Aug 13 @ 12:19 pm
Sorry; that did not help.

Posted Thu 05 Sep 13 @ 4:10 pm
This issue is still persisting...any help would be great...

Posted Tue 10 Sep 13 @ 3:27 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)