Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Poor sound quality using Virtual DJ with Numark V7.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello,

I just got myself a pair of Numark v7.
I'm currently using virtual dj pro, and a denon DN-X600 mixer.

I've downloaded all drivers etc.
And everything is working nice except for the sound.

I'm getting this poor sound quality, like a "blurry" sound.

All the songs are of high quality and I've tried fast-stretching aswell as Advanced-stretching under performance but it doesn't help.

My mac is getting a bit old, but it meets the standards running V7 as far as I know.
(Intel core 2 duo 2.26Ghz, 2 GB ram etc.)

I would really appreciate help/tips! :-)

Posted Sat 17 Aug 13 @ 5:05 pm
ok, so I'm one step closer. But not getting smarter, at all.

When i start a song it sounds really absurds BUT if I turn of the motor on my V7 and start it again, the sound suddenly turns great.
It works fine on PC, but not on my mac.
Anybody have a solution?

Posted Sun 18 Aug 13 @ 5:56 am
Apparently thats the only solution that i know. Pretty much any V7 NS7 user that uses vdj on a mac has this problem. Scratching is bad as well? (Not like in serato). If i use the mac vdj i just play with the motors off, sometimes i turn them on afterwards. The other is windows bootcamp which works great. Imho i find vdj on mac unstable even when i click on the config tab it'll crash. Hopefully vdj 8 will be optimized. Although i think this is more of a driver problem from serato rather than vdj itself.

Posted Sun 18 Aug 13 @ 1:01 pm
I appreciate the answer!

I downloaded serato itch just for the curiousity, and it worked great on my V7's.

My conclusion is that virtual dj's mac driver is bad, I guess.
But as u say, virtual dj is very unstable on mac. As I often had issues with my old turntables (ttx) aswell.
It looks like I'll be hooking up my "big ass" pc then, atleast until they get the problem solved. Not an option playing a gig but works for practice at home. :)

Posted Sun 18 Aug 13 @ 1:45 pm
I have a pair of V7s and a dnx600.
Can you show me how you did the sound config in vdj?
For some reason my dnx600 is ounly outputting on 1 channel even tho i have each v7 plug into each IN

Posted Wed 22 Apr 15 @ 7:49 am
Virtual DJ 7 Pro MAC and a NS7 have the same issue on my MBP . Solution for me while on my ns7 if its like wobbling i turn off the ns7 while its connected to my MAC then close VDJ (Make sure the system is off or at least down enough cause the sound drop will cause a POP!!!). I then turn on the ns7 make sure i see the usb light on (duh!) then turn on VDJ ... This usually works for me, but while recording it happens all the time I am going to try the no motors on but that honestly defeats the purpose of a NS7 in my opinion. I also check with my audio/ midi settings to make sure it is connected to the system being that i usually have multiple midi devices connected when using my NS 7 (Akai mpd26, Akai mpk 25) while using LOGIC PRO. so have to make sure all devices are functioning properly in audio/midi settings!

Posted Sun 31 May 15 @ 4:59 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)