Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: BUGGY: mp3s from HD via USB2.0 + GBit LAN devices

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

LxBeeHome userMember since 2003
The ERRORS/BUGGS I get:

My mp3s are on external HD (USB2.0 and LAN).
If I try and play my sound via VDJ the "play" button, Faders,... freeze to the last settings (visualy).
If I change the volume (deck a or b) the changes can be heared but stays the same on screen (freezed). same goes for the loops buttons,...

Not knowing, where the faders are it's like instandly going blind. In front of a dancing croud, ... not very helpfull!

Apart from that, VDJ is always good for a surprise - especialy for me... it once stopped the wrong deck in set (and that definately wasn't my mistake) - suddenly no sound, ..

and then the folders/playlists etc. sometimes don't update (visualy) and write the lines overe one another.

I have changed the gcard from Nvidea to Maxtor Parhelia which didn't improve a thing. I'm using XP (Intel 2.8Ghz800fsb 2 GB ECC 400mhz RAM, RME-Hammerfall-Audi - 8+++ in /8+++ out, ...)

M I D I - c o n t r o l l e r - B U G

Oh yes, and then my USB-Midi-Patcher (Edirol UM-880 ... 8 in/8 out) and respectivly connected devices (Edirol RCR-50 ... Midi-Keyboard and Faderbox) can not be shortcuted/read.
Bsically the problem would be solved if I could chose my MIDI-Port in options.

... the rest of it is better than the other prgs out there ...

ATOMIX, STOP IT LETTING ME DOWN! ... PLEASE ... IF YOU CAN!!?

tia

lx.b :-)

Posted Thu 18 Sep 03 @ 3:03 am
kaleoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Please don't post the same message in two differents forum!
This one is the right one.

Posted Thu 18 Sep 03 @ 9:10 am
I have a usb 2.0/firewire drive
I do not have freezes. please describe how to reproduce the problem and I will try it here

WirelessDJ
Virtual DJ user (not affiliated with support staff)

Posted Thu 18 Sep 03 @ 7:31 pm
Hi WirelessDJ!

I am not to sure, that it has that much to do with USB 2.0/LAN today. You probably know the feeling, when U are 100% sure you've found the problem - after having restarted, the problems gone, ... and then comes back in a different way, ... I guess that's what Microsoft calls "virtual intelligenz" - or so! LoL

The problem pops up, when you least expect it! Sometimes, when I change folders on my USB 2.0 HD, sometimes, when I load new songs from playlist, and sometimes, when I'm just having a sipp of beer!

Have you never come across the problem (visual interface freezing) - WirelessDJ

By the way, WirelessDJ I have been reading a lot of other posts and appreciate your help, as a lot of others do too, I'm sure ;-)

PPS: anybody got any clues as to my other problem:

M I D I - c o n t r o l l e r - B U G

(I hope kaleo doesn't get mad at me again, because it's plain to see, that I have paisted the above line from my old post - naughty, naughty, ai)

Posted Thu 18 Sep 03 @ 9:06 pm
if i read your post correctly you have 400mb ram?
The recommended configuration is:
PIV 1.2 GhZ computer
1024x768 SVGA video
4.1 DirectX compatible soundcard (with front and rear separate outputs)
512 MB RAM
20 MB free on the hard-drive

so maybe try upgrading to 512mb of ram!?

Posted Thu 18 Sep 03 @ 9:19 pm
no, that's 2 gb of ram (PC3200's) at 400mhz

Posted Sat 20 Sep 03 @ 12:21 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)