Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: BUGGY: mp3s from HD via USB2.0 + GBit LAN devices

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

The ERRORS/BUGGS I get:

My mp3s are on external HD (USB2.0 and LAN).
If I try and play my sound via VDJ the "play" button, Faders,... freeze to the last settings (visualy).
If I change the volume (deck a or b) the changes can be heared but stays the same on screen (freezed). same goes for the loops buttons,...

Not knowing, where the faders are it's like instandly going blind. In front of a dancing croud, ... not very helpfull!

Apart from that, VDJ is always good for a surprise - especialy for me... it once stopped the wrong deck in set (and that definately wasn't my mistake) - suddenly no sound, ..

And then the folders/playlists etc. sometimes don't update (visualy) and write the lines overe one another.

I have changed the gcard from Nvidea to Maxtor Parhelia which didn't improve a thing. I'm using XP (Intel 2.8Ghz800fsb 2 GB ECC 400mhz RAM, RME-Hammerfall-Audi - 8+++ in /8+++ out, ...)

M I D I - c o n t r o l l e r - B U G

Oh yes, and then my USB-Midi-Patcher (Edirol UM-880 ... 8 in/8 out) and respectivly connected devices (Edirol RCR-50 ... Midi-Keyboard and Faderbox) can not be shortcuted/read.
Basically the problem would be solved, if I could choose my Midi-Device in setup.

... the rest of it is better than the other prgs out there ...

ATOMIX, STOP VDJ, LETTING ME DOWN! ... PLEASE ... IF YOU CAN!!?

tia

lx.b :-)

Posted Thu 18 Sep 03 @ 2:56 am
!wOw!

can't say that's ever happened for me before. i use (3) 40gb hd's physically in system, another 40gb hard drive via usb 2.0, and i have (2) more 20gb hd's via 10/100 mbps, and i can honestly say that i use the 2 network shared hd's and the usb attached hd more than anything else. point is, i've never experienced your problems before (except for Windows just taking it's time when searching through the network shares, sometimes), and if you've already changed video cards.....

well. wasn't there a bug with VDJ and P4's? i thought it had something to do with HyperThreading enabled. perhaps you should try shutting it off and see if you still have problems? just a thought. hopefully you're problems get fixed soon. good luck! on another note though, i'm currently accepting donations for the "LowlifeX needs an EFX 500 and DAC-2 controller :) " j/k! later!

Posted Thu 18 Sep 03 @ 6:56 am
see technical help forum!

Posted Thu 18 Sep 03 @ 7:01 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)