Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Using VDJ Pro and Numark mixtrack pro- need mic help

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

azappiaPRO InfinityMember since 2013
Hi all...need help... i did a wedding about 2 mos ago. i plugged the mic into the front of the numark and it worked without changing any input/output in advanced config in vdj. It ws great i was able to lower the music and speak on the mic and raise music again etc.

Last wknd i did a sweet 16 and no mic!! i plugged it in and nothing.... then i tried to mess with the input output and caused a screeching sound which i stopped quickly before anyone notice but now im scared to death to do this again!!!

here's my question:

what is the easiest way to use a mic? i need a sure fire mic option as now im worried it will crap out again.

i have a reg mic with a cord. that plugs into front of numark. is a usb mic a better option?

Posted Sat 03 Aug 13 @ 11:46 am
BlulitePRO InfinityMember since 2009
the mic through input on the MTP should simply allow the mic to be used if plugged directly without any alterations in settings. just plug it in and crank up the volume on the front. a usb mic may be a better way forward if your sceptical about the MTP mic input. i actually use a usb mic that i stole from my daughter, which she got for her nintendo wii lol.

Posted Sat 03 Aug 13 @ 12:50 pm
hi ok great i was thinkign it was the mic but i just used it? ok so with the usb mic, do u just plug it inand it works through the speakers?

Posted Sat 03 Aug 13 @ 1:02 pm
That screeching sound you heard was probably feedback. That means the mic was working!

What happens is that the mic will pick up the sound from the speakers and send it back through the mixer & amp, which then makes it louder, so the mic picks it up even more.....and round it goes until it screeches.

What mic is it? There are different types, some of which will feed back easier, and some which are less prone to feedback.

Posted Sat 03 Aug 13 @ 1:31 pm
The screeching sound was me messing w the input out put in vdj while the music was on like a dummy

Lol

Posted Sun 04 Aug 13 @ 6:00 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)