Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Slipping off the cue point in play/pause on a CDJ 2000 Nexus

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I did my first night using a cdj2000 Nexus and VDJ last night and I should have done it when the 2000 first came out, great combination except for a couple of the things. I can't find a 'skip to next/last' cue point command to program in and, much worse, whilst the deck is in play/pause waiting to go it 'creeps' off the cue point. There's a lot of bass and I wonder if that's vibrating the platter on the controller and causing it or it's a command conflict where I've customised the mapper to suit the way I work. Anyone else experiencing this or have any ideas on a fix? I currently have to press the relevant hot key which I'd turned into 'goto cue 1,2 or3' which puts it spot on and then press play which is a bit clumsy. BTW I've been using VDJ for what must be getting on for 10 years or more now and it's hands down the best money I've spent professionally in 40 years of deejaying :)

Posted Sun 28 Jul 13 @ 4:51 am
there is no easy way to jump to the next cue point in the track & The hard way only works on PC.

download phantom dj's skin companion plugin then

map this to the forward button
var 'SC_NEXTHC' 1 ? goto_cue 1 : var 'SC_NEXTHC' 2 ? goto_cue 2 : var 'SC_NEXTHC' 3 ? goto_cue 3 : var 'SC_NEXTHC' 4 ? goto_cue 4 : var 'SC_NEXTHC' 5 ? goto_cue 5 : goto_cue

map this to the backward button
var 'SC_PREVHC' 1 ? goto_cue 1 : var 'SC_PREVHC' 2 ? goto_cue 2 : var 'SC_PREVHC' 3 ? goto_cue 3 : var 'SC_PREVHC' 4 ? goto_cue 4 : var 'SC_PREVHC' 5 ? goto_cue 5 : goto_cue

It will jump to the next or previous cue in the timeline allowing you to scroll through them up to cue 5

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/176028/VirtualDJ_Plugins/_OTHER__Skin_Companion.html?page=1

Posted Sun 28 Jul 13 @ 5:12 am
Hi synthet1c,

Shame it doesn't work on a Mac but thanks for taking the trouble to reply. I'm homing in on keeping it to 3 cue points per track and then using the three hot cues.

Posted Sun 28 Jul 13 @ 6:40 am
You can use the following mappings to jump to the previous/next cue points:

cue_select -1 & goto_cue

cue_select +1 & goto_cue

The drifting is most likely caused by the bass causing the jogwheel to move slightly, especially with a high-resolution jogwheel that has very free spinning movement. The only solutions are to either try to isolate the CDJ from the surface it's sitting on (E.g: With record deck isolation pads) or map a button to disable the jogwheel when the song's not playing, e.g:

Map a button to: toggle 'jogdisable'

Then change the JOG_WHEEL mapping to:

play ? speedwheel : var 'jogdisable' ? nothing : speedwheel

Posted Sun 28 Jul 13 @ 11:30 am
Thank you very much indeed I'll give all of that a go :)

Posted Sun 28 Jul 13 @ 2:18 pm
that's a really simple elegant solution! nice one

Posted Sun 28 Jul 13 @ 5:58 pm
The Jog wheel fix works like a charm, problem solved thanks, although I'm wondering if it could have been fixed in the sensitivity settings by someone less keen to get stuck in to mapper settings. I've had less luck with the 'goto_cue' but i think I just need to throw a little more time at figuring out the problem there, I was doing it (very unprofessionally) just before starting work last night. Couple of nights in with the CDJ's now and I'm in love with working this way. I think that an ipad set up with loops, cues and effects would just finish it off.

Posted Sat 03 Aug 13 @ 7:27 am
The sensitivity settings adjust how rapidly it responds to jogwheel movements, making the scratch more 'tight' or 'loose' to suit your personal preferences.

It won't prevent small movements of the jogwheel due to bass vibrations from the PA speakers. The best solution to this problem is to isolate the CDJ's from the vibrations using suitable materials such as record deck isolation pads.

Posted Sat 03 Aug 13 @ 2:24 pm
Actually I have made a "jog lock" script that I use on all my personal mappers that I can share with you if you wish...
It will lock / unlock the jogs automatically when the decks are "cue-ed" The only draw back is that you can't start scratching while the deck is paused on a hot_cue...

Posted Mon 05 Aug 13 @ 7:55 am
Thanks for the continuing feedback, no pun intended :). And yes please Phantom DJ, I don't scratch anyway so it won't be a problem.

Posted Tue 06 Aug 13 @ 9:04 am
<map value="JOG" action="var_equal 'JOGLock' 1 ? nothing : touchwheel" />
<map value="CUE" action="cue_stop & set 'JOGLock' 1" />
<map value="PLAY" action="set 'JOGLock' 0 & var '$shift' ? play_stutter : play_pause" />
<map value="LOAD" action="load & hot_cue 1 ? goto_cue 1 & set 'JOGLock' 1 : hot_cue 2 ? goto_cue 2 & set 'JOGLock' 1 : hot_cue 3 ? goto_cue 3 & set 'JOGLock' 1 : hot_cue 4 ? goto_cue 4 & set 'JOGLock' 1 : set 'JOGLock' 0" />
<map value="CUE1" action="var '$shift' ? delete_cue 1 & set 'JOGLock' 0 : pause ? hot_cue 1 ? hot_cue 1 & set 'JOGLock' 0 : hot_cue 1 & set 'JOGLock' 1 : hot_cue 1 & set 'JOGLock' 0" />
<map value="CUE2" action="var '$shift' ? delete_cue 2 & set 'JOGLock' 0 : pause ? hot_cue 2 ? hot_cue 2 & set 'JOGLock' 0 : hot_cue 2 & set 'JOGLock' 1 : hot_cue 2 & set 'JOGLock' 0" />
<map value="CUE3" action="var '$shift' ? delete_cue 3 & set 'JOGLock' 0 : pause ? hot_cue 3 ? hot_cue 3 & set 'JOGLock' 0 : hot_cue 3 & set 'JOGLock' 1 : hot_cue 3 & set 'JOGLock' 0" />
<map value="CUE4" action="var '$shift' ? delete_cue 4 & set 'JOGLock' 0 : pause ? hot_cue 4 ? hot_cue 4 & set 'JOGLock' 0 : hot_cue 4 & set 'JOGLock' 1 : hot_cue 4 & set 'JOGLock' 0" />

These are parts of MY OWN mapper.
You may have to adjust them to fit your own mapper ;)

Posted Wed 07 Aug 13 @ 1:13 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)