Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Issue with clipbank

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
In my video settings I have the clipbank set to run when playing audio files. If I play a karaoke or video track, then crossfade to an audio track on the other deck, the clipbank kicks in as it should, but it always does this crazy "fast forward" thing for a few seconds, like it's trying to catch up with itself. I've tried activating "decode while hidden" to see if that would fix it, but it doesn't. This glitch means that I'm limited to very short video clips in the clipbank, otherwise the fast forwarding takes ages and looks awful. I've tried this on several different machines, operating systems and versions of VDJ, they all do it. Is there a fix?

Cheers,
John

Posted Thu 25 Jul 13 @ 4:39 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
What video format do you use for clipbank? try wmv hd, works fine for me.

I'd recommend decode while hidden active as well.

Posted Thu 25 Jul 13 @ 4:46 pm
I use a variety of different formats, but mostly mp4 - as produced by windows movie maker. Just tried encoding a test clip using HD wmv... same thing happens. Weird.

Posted Thu 25 Jul 13 @ 8:06 pm
Tried that Joey, it still does it! I've tried all the combinations of settings I can think of, using various different video codecs on various different PCs, same result every time. Seems like the clipbank is only good for little 5 second clips, any longer and the fastforwarding effect is really obvious as you crossfade over from a video to an mp3.

Posted Fri 09 Aug 13 @ 12:14 pm

Posted Fri 09 Aug 13 @ 1:24 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Use the code after the = sign in between [ youtube ]code[ /youtube ] with no spaces.

In config > video - for output video both boxes should be ticked, (activate and use hardware acceleration) you should also be using your output video card and not window mode.

No probs...

Posted Fri 09 Aug 13 @ 1:33 pm
Nice one, cheers Tayla!

Posted Fri 09 Aug 13 @ 1:39 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)