Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Ddjsx side platter changes pich when I turn it even in scratch mode help !!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

So I'm using the new 7.4 virtual with ddjsx I love it but when I use the scratch mode the scratching platter is good but when I use the sides to match the other platter tempo instead of staying in the same " master pitch" the pitch changes. How can I fix this? Also the volumes gets frozen from time to time and the master volume as well. Do I need to change something in my macbook to have this fixed? Thanx

Posted Mon 22 Jul 13 @ 6:55 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
The outer part of the jogwheels (sides as you call them), should perform pitch bending.. meaning that the tempo of the song is not changing actually, but the song "runs" faster or slower to catch up the other song. I am not sure i understand what your issue is.

What do you mean by "the sliders" are freezing ? Are you talking about the volume sliders ? Which skin are you using (2 or 4 decks) ? Have you tried the latest updated native mapper http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/15822/Pioneer_DDJ-SX_(Native).html ?
When you move the sliders on the SX, do you see them moving on screen , but not affecting the sound ?

Posted Mon 22 Jul 13 @ 8:03 pm
ok when the master tempo is pressed the sides of the jog whel is used to slow or speed up the song without the pitch raising or lowering, that is in the original serato and scratch mode, but when i use it in virtual dj the master tempo slide is good, the scratch is good but the side jog wheel changes the speed and the pitch as if the master pitch wasnt pressed. as for the volume i meant the grim volume at times doesnt work and i have to move them around and suddenly boom they work again. i am using the regular basic skin two channel thanx for your fast response

Posted Mon 22 Jul 13 @ 8:27 pm
and yes i do have the updated mappers. i have a 2.3 ghz intel core macbook 8 gb 1600 mhz ddr3 ram anD its a osX version 10.8.4 graphics: AMD radeon hd 6750m 1024 mb... let me know what i can do thank you.

Posted Mon 22 Jul 13 @ 9:41 pm
OK SO THE GAIN WAS SET TO AUTOMATIC LOL SO I FIXED IT BUT THE JOG WHEEL IS STILL CHANGING PITCH :-(

Posted Mon 22 Jul 13 @ 10:03 pm
go into config => performances

make sure you have 'advanced stretching' checked, if you have 'pure scratch' checked master tempo wont work.

Posted Mon 22 Jul 13 @ 10:20 pm
I have exactly what u say. The side changes the pitch. Would it help if I upload a video?

Posted Tue 23 Jul 13 @ 12:45 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

Posted Tue 23 Jul 13 @ 2:27 am
I still haven't been able to post a video but ill attempt to explain again.

Not in vinyl mode and with the master key on : the jog wheels do not scratch but are used to speed up or slow down the songs without changing pitch which is normal . When the master key is pressed the pitch is not affected. When the master is off ofcourse the speed will be affected as well as the pitch.

In vinyl mode and with the master key is on, the top of the jog wheel is used to scratch and the sides of the jog wheel are still used to speed or slow down the song but its supposed to not change the pitvh. In virtual dj unfortunately when the vinyl is on I can scratch but when I use the sides, the speed as well as pitch are affected even with thr master key pressed . Is there a way to change the software where I can have the master key on and the vinyl and be able to use the sides without the pitch distorting?

Posted Mon 29 Jul 13 @ 9:18 pm
I would suggest that you take a look at the mapping to see what function is assigned to the jog sides.

Check that each jog mode has the correct function assigned to the sides of the wheel.

Posted Tue 30 Jul 13 @ 8:18 am
I'm using it just as the native updated when I downloaded it. I'm afraid to change things as I'm not familiar with mapping. Any suggestions ?

Posted Tue 30 Jul 13 @ 12:05 pm
I don't think that any of you understood what this guy wants to tell... LOL

Anyway:
Even with MASTER TEMPO or KEYLOCK activated VirtualDJ WILL alter the pitch of song when the jogwheels are in "SCRATCH" mode and you're trying to pitch bend (by touching the outer rim of the jog)
If the jogwheels are in "JOG" mode, then pitch bending will NOT alter the pitch of the song.

This is the standard behavior of VirtualDj ON ALL touch sensitive jogwheels.

While personally I don't like the way it performs now, the logic behind this is that in "SCRATCH" mode the jogs try to give you a more natural "vinyl" behavior. If you were to perform pitch bending on a TT then the pitch of the song would change while you nudged the disk ;)

Posted Fri 02 Aug 13 @ 1:43 am
GOT U.. I FIGURED THIS IS THE NATURAL WAY BUT IN SERATO EVEN ON VYNIL MODE THE SIDES ARE SIMPLY USED FOR TEMPO NOT ALTERING THE PITCH WHILE THE SCRATCH IS FUNCTIONAL... I WAS JUST WONDERING IF ITS POSSIBLE..THANK U

Posted Fri 02 Aug 13 @ 8:33 pm
It IS possible to change this behavior, but you'll need to change the mapping of your controller.
Also the "vinyl" switch won't work accurately if you do so and you won't be able to perform backspins...

If you're still interested please let me know and I can give you the VDJ script code that you need to use.

Posted Mon 05 Aug 13 @ 7:44 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)