Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Efficiently getting song info

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

khourigHome userMember since 2013
Given a list of pathnames to song files, I've managed to figure out how to point the browser window at a folder, search for the file name, select that file and retrieve the file's artist and title. However, using this method, I can only get the information for about 6 or 7 songs per second. If I have a list of 400 songs, that could take a full minute, which seems a bit slow considering I can click "recurse" for a folder in the browser that has 400 songs and the song list is filled in an instant. This led me to wonder if there's a faster way for a plugin to get that information.

My first try takes 50 seconds for 365 songs:

SendCommand: browser_gotofolder 'C:\absolute\path\song.mp3' & search 'song.mp3' & browser_window 'songs' & browser_scroll +1
GetInfo: get browsed_song author
GetInfo: get browsed_song title

My second try takes only 2 seconds for the same 365 songs, but it affects a deck:

SendCommand: deck 1 load 'C:\absolute\path\song.mp3'
GetInfo: deck 1 get loaded_song author
GetInfo: deck 1 get loaded_song title

Posted Tue 16 Jul 13 @ 11:21 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
An alternative to the first one would be:

search_options 'filename' on & search 'c:\song.mp3' & browser_window 'songs' & browser_scroll +1
GetInfo: get browsed_song author
GetInfo: get browsed_song title

That saves on actually going to the folder.

The best way would actually be to open the relevant database XML files and parse them for the relevant information IMHO.

Posted Wed 17 Jul 13 @ 9:13 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)