Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Hercules RMX2 won't show up in Sound Setup Tab

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I purchased Virtual DJ Pro 7.4 and have Hercules RMX2. They both recognize each other when I hook them up, but I can not see the Hercules RMX2 in the Sound card area. The music is only coming through my computer. When I first used my Hercules RMX with the trail version my controller was there in the sound card area and was Config with the ASIO and I could select it. I was using the balanced XLR outputs to an external mixer (Allen & Heath Zed10 FX). I need help as to why the RMX2 soundcard is not showing up..

Posted Sun 07 Jul 13 @ 10:57 am
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Have you installed the latest divers from the Hercules web site? Have you tried a different cable? Have you re-booted your pc?

Posted Sun 07 Jul 13 @ 11:42 am
I tried with the installation disc that came with my Hercules RMX2, I then downloaded from the website. The only thing I havn't tried (I Think) is to reboot the PC. I am going to try the website again. Also I would like to say thank you in your speedy reply.

Posted Sun 07 Jul 13 @ 1:22 pm
Okay got the Hercules in the sound card, Just can't get my headphones to cue the song to get played. I hear the track that is being played or I dont hear it at all. Could you give some examples of certain setups that could get me Playing & Mixing. I have XLR and RCA cables (Mutli-cables) I have been DJ'n for some time now 2+ years. with CDJ's, but I need this to work as it is much easier to carry to my events.

Posted Sun 07 Jul 13 @ 3:07 pm
Please ensure that it's configured correctly - The following page is for the older RMX version, but the configuration should be the same:

http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/RMX.html

NOTE: In VirtualDJ LE, the sound setup is limited and already preset for you, so you wouldn't have needed to configure this yourself. In the full Pro you can configure any sound card of your own choice, so must select the correct sound card and settings the first time that you use it.

Posted Mon 08 Jul 13 @ 5:29 am
DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005
Here is the standard audio configuration to use for the Rmx 2, which is the same as you would have seen with VD LE:

Posted Mon 08 Jul 13 @ 6:38 am
DJ Phatso wrote :
Here is the standard audio configuration to use for the Rmx 2, which is the same as you would have seen with VD LE:

Okay, I have tried uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling them, still with no luck. DJ Phatso's image of the sound setup page is what it looked like when I was using the limited version. Now in the soundcard box the only time I see my Hercules RMX2 is in the simple congfiguration, it wont show in the ASIO. I have controll of my console to some degree. I heard someone say to uninstall the drivers while the RMX2 is still pluged into my computer and then turn off the RMX2. Then install the drivers. I ain't bugging with anything until I here from this forum first.. If anyone is in the Scarbourough,Ont area, I will pay you to resolve my connection problems. In need of help.

Posted Sun 14 Jul 13 @ 4:32 pm
If it did work with the LE version, it should be the same for the Pro

First off, can you confirm the Rmx2 is installed properly, as described in this document ?

http://ts.hercules.com/faqs/eng/her_eng_00441.pdf

If it is use the following procedure to verify if the ASIO driver is functional outside of VDJ

1) Download the following software:

http://www.tropicalcoder.com/ASIOTestSigGen.htm

2) before launching the application,be sure that VDJ or other applications susceptible of using the ASIO driver are closed.

3) Upon launching ASIOSinGen, configure as follow:

- Select ASIO driver:

Obviously choose the Console ASIO driver

- Select Device Output:

I would choose the headphone output (Output 3/4) since you can easily control the volume (be sure to to lower the volume before proceeding with the test).

Once this is done, click any of the wave or noise button which will send a short signal in the headphone. If you can hear the signal, then the ASIO driver is working correctly.

IF however you get the error message Can't interface with an ASIO driver - Exiting!, then there may be a problem with the ASIO driver.

As for the uninstallation, it does not make a difference if the device is connected or not when you proceed. As stated on the download page of the drivers, simply launch the package and it will uninstall the previous drivers for you. Launch it again to install them, and follow these instructions precisely:

http://ts.hercules.com/download/sound/txt/DJ_Series_INSTALLATION_PC_EN.pdf

Posted Mon 15 Jul 13 @ 9:50 am
Respect for your time DJ Phatso. Going to check it all out now. Blessed love brother.

Posted Mon 15 Jul 13 @ 5:43 pm
Got it working just now. Very,very busy since my last posting. I want to thank everyone who offered me their advice and knowledge on this situation. It was a simple solution. Kinda feel silly. I am one to look at the most difficult situation and work down to the simple. Ya I know, I can't help that. Well to share the very simple solution to my problem was, all I had to do was open the Hercules RMX2 config and change the Headphones from Ch 3&4 to 1&2... Really! Respect to everyone again for your support. Virtual DJ the best thing agwaan!

Posted Tue 30 Jul 13 @ 8:26 pm
Wht is the purpose of the xlr outputs? When I use Rca 1-2 it works Fine with my Headphones. When I use it along.with Rca 3-4 my Headphones dnt work.or they work but also play out of 3-4. If I was to get and xlr output.adapter to Rca..and use it in xlr output 1 would tht solve my problem.?

Posted Wed 04 Dec 13 @ 6:48 am
Might have been a better idea to start a new thread for your question.

XLR and RCA are simply different types of connector for different purposes. The main purpose of XLR is to send audio signal over long distances without interference. You would RCA instead when your console is right next to your mixer.

When it comes to the Rmx2, let it be known that both send out exactly the same signal. What is being sent depends on the audio configuration:

Example 1 - Internal mixing (default configuration)

Here, you are telling VDJ to use Output 1-2 for the Main Mix and Output 3-4 (which is also the headphone outputs) for preview since you are mixing from the software, using the console to control it.

This means that:

- speakers connected to Output 1-2, in either RCA or XLR will send out the same signal.

- if you do connect speaker to Output 3-4, you would hear exactly what you get in the headphone.

Example 1 - External mixing

Here, you want VDJ to act as a 2 deck MP3 player. Deck A sends to Output 1-2 and Deck B sends toOutput 3-4. Mixing and headphone preview will be done from an external mixer.

This means that:

- the Rmx2 act as an audio interface to send the audio signal from the computer to the mixer

- you would not connect headphones to the Rmx2 since preview is done from the mixer.

Posted Wed 04 Dec 13 @ 8:04 am
I have the hercules rmx2 controller and virtual dj installed on my computer. My computer used to recognize the controller now its not. Everything on the controller is on as far as the lights. I tried reinstalling drivers, checking for updates and rebooting my computer. Also I tried switching USB cords and my mac is running on the latest OS. I don't understand what's going on can anyone help me.

Posted Sat 22 Feb 14 @ 6:03 am

Posted Mon 24 Feb 14 @ 7:47 am
jay0007Home userMember since 2015
hi can some one help please ive got a hurcules rmx for my son. i cant get it to connect to my laptop it keeps flashing a few buttons then on my laptop it say windows
doest see it or malfuntion. can any one help please. as my sons driven me mad.

Posted Fri 28 Aug 15 @ 2:42 pm
Since I'm guessing you are using a recent computer, the Rmx will require a Firmware update and most probably a powered USB hub to be recognized properly on your computer.

Please proceed as follow:

- Get yourself a powered USB hub (if you don't have one already)

- Download the latest drivers from the Support Site:

http://ts.hercules.com/eng/index.php?pg=view_files&gid=17&fid=62&pid=215&cid=1

- Contact Technical Support so they can assist you with the installation and Firmware update process:

http://ts.hercules.com/eng/index.php?pg=contact

Posted Mon 31 Aug 15 @ 12:29 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)