Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Issues with Hercules RMX + Serato Timecode

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hey guys, so I was always interested in getting into DJing, especially after I had a buddy of mine start to show me the ropes. He gave me a laptop with VDJ 7.4 and some stuff to get me started off. So I went online and purchased a couple Stanton Str8-60's, a Hercules RMX, and a couple Serato Scratch timecode vinyl.

However, I am have a terrible time getting it to work! I've tried watching a few different videos, and it seems like almost all the videos use an outdated version of VDJ so I can't match up my settings, or it just doesn't work. I've had a number of issues. At first I was getting an error that my soundcard didn't have enough channels, then I was getting an error that my soundcard was either disconnected or not set up correctly... BTW I have the latest version of the Hercules drivers installed.

I just cannot seem to get this to work right! As I have it, my turntables are hooked up correctly to my Hercules RMX, and the RMX is hooked into my laptop. I clicked the Hercules control panel, and checked the box that makes it ASIO mode. I then open up VDJ and go to Config. I have it set as:

Inputs: Timecodes (2)

Outputs: Headphones (master 1&2, headphones 3&4)

Soundcard: DJ Console RMX (with the 'apply eq on external inputs' box checked)

It wont pick up the timecode.

Now, if I switch the inputs to NONE, my Hercules RMX works just fine... can press play and all that.

If I keep my inputs on Timecodes, but change my soundcard to ASIO, and change the drop-down box to Hercules RMX, I get the "Error in soundcard... your soundcard is probably disconnected... etc."

I just don't know what to do here guys... any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Posted Fri 05 Jul 13 @ 7:43 pm
SHADOWSTRIKE1 wrote :
He gave me a laptop with VDJ 7.4 and some stuff to get me started off.

In that case, he has acted illegally (Unless it's VirtualDJ Home FREE he has given you, but that doesn't support using timecode and/or MIDI controllers.)

Once registered, licensed versions of VirtualDJ cannot be sold, transferred or given away to another user - Please see http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Serial%20Transfer.html

If this is the case, please delete this illegal version immediately and then support the software and its future development by purchasing your own license: http://www.virtualdj.com/products/comparison.html

If he has also given you music then this is illegal also and you could face prosecution, especially if you are caught using it in public. Please support the artists and music industry by purchasing your music or renting it from a service such as ContentUnlimited: http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/What%20is%20ContentUnlimited.html

Posted Sat 06 Jul 13 @ 2:42 pm
Alright I'll go ahead and uninstall it and then grab it myself when my next paycheck comes in on the 15th. Fortunately the only music he gave me was some shareware songs from some DJ website he frequents, no licensed stuff.

However, once I get my own license, do you think this will fix the problem I am currently having?

Posted Sun 07 Jul 13 @ 3:02 pm
For now, you can use Home FREE with your mouse/keyboard to mix in VirtualDJ at home for fun.

Providing that you have the latest Hercules firmware and drivers are installed correctly then it should work. Once you have purchased, if you are still having trouble configuring it, please post again in the forums for further assistance.

Posted Mon 08 Jul 13 @ 5:20 am
I have hercules rmx 2... but i want time coded turntables. What esle do i need..beside turntables.

Posted Tue 31 Mar 15 @ 6:51 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)