Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: NOOB question - Quartz Composer and Flash possible with a plugin?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi folks

I bought vdjpro a bit too hastily this weekend (entierel my fault - i was so excited i didnt check it met all my needs) and discovered that it cant accomodate Quartz Composer of Flash; or maybe it can but I cant work it out.

Edit: I see EM is a good option - but my punchline is that I use only Macs in my setup. :P

So.. I have a tone of these types of footage and effect files and wondered if there was a plugin or other technique that would make them usable in vdjpro.

All tips very very much appreciated since i now cant get a refund and have to try to make the best of this situation.

PS Here's the response I received from my request if you're interested - i dont really understand the reply about codecs....

Sat 22 Jun 13 @ 6:04 pm
folks - I know this is a total long shot and I understand I am on thin ice but..... I want a refund. yes it's my own bad but hey - let me try to explain. I searched looong and haaaard for the right app to take my creativity forwards using visualization and settled on your awesome software due to the ease of mixing, live capabilities and o course the wicked video ,BUT. ALL of my library is flash and quartz - i dont use video. And your app doesnt let me use flash or QC - can i please ask for a refund? I shold have checked - yes. But really wasnt expecting that this feature would be missing guys. I would be very grateful if you could consider my request. I dont have a bunch of cash waiting to buy another app..

Date: Mon 24 Jun 13 @ 9:56 am
Teamer: Haui70

sorry to tell you it is not possible to giive a refund.
http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/I%20would%20like%20a%20refund.html

I only can advice you to see if you can solve the problem with a different codec.
http://www.virtualdj.com/images/pdf/VirtualDJ%207%20-%20User%20Guide.pdf

Kind regards

VirtualDJ Support Team
ATOMIX PRODUCTIONS

Posted Mon 24 Jun 13 @ 4:15 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
You can play swf/flash files in VDJ with no problem as long as you have the correct codecs loaded onto your machine, there's a video tutorial from some years back on how to use for new guys just starting out with VDJ software on my blog, old but it will get you started, there's also one for soniques if you intend to use them at some point, but to be honest using soniques is a bit old hat nowadays.

If when you first try to load your files and they don't play you'll need to go and find something like K-Lite codec pack. I've found swf files don't show a snap shot image in the square that you load them in and have to use your memory to remember what file is where, to get round this I always make my video files in HD wmv format and they work great and show clip of video file.

Maybe's you might consider converting files you want to use to this format for ease of use.

Two other programmes that you can use in VDJ directly for flash are the free Firetext plugin where pro users can also benefit from the free offer of a 1000 user sms programme for your shows.

You can also check out the plugin by Pangolin, but I think that is a paid for plugin, if I'm wrong about the price I'm sure someone will correct me.

Posted Mon 24 Jun 13 @ 4:44 am
I feel your pain with the QTZ files, if VDJ could use them a lot of my prayers would be answered........

Posted Mon 24 Jun 13 @ 10:05 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Quartz Composer support is on my to-do list...

Posted Tue 25 Jun 13 @ 5:39 am
Folks what a great community thanks for the uplift and help - and re the QC to-do-list comment: How about it for version 8? Go on! :)

Oh and in case i didnt explain it unortunately the other punchline for my wallet this month is I have a mac not a PC so a whole stack of those wicked plugins mentioned aren't an option for me..... booo.

Jus sayin.... :P

Thanks all I will ping back and let you know how I get on.

Posted Tue 25 Jun 13 @ 5:50 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Well this evening I implemented about 75% of syphon input (syphon output already available) so you can pull video in from Resolume - which means you could do flash and QTZ from that.

Native QTZ hopefully won't take too long.

Posted Tue 25 Jun 13 @ 7:33 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)