Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: How do I turn off mic/line monitoring?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

No matter if I use a XLR or USB mic I always hear myself (complete with latency). Luckily my new mic has a headphone out. But I want to turn off monitoring from VDJ to my speakers and headphone out on the controller (Novation Twitch BTW).

I still want the mic to send to the out for broadcasts etc. But I do not want to hear it other than when checking levels etc.

Any ideas?

Posted Fri 14 Jun 13 @ 5:08 pm
I too would like to know how to prevent this. My USB mixer already allows for me to hear my mic in the mix, I don't need the "doubled" effect of hearing it via the VDJ mix back.

Posted Sat 09 Apr 16 @ 7:35 pm
Please don't resurrect old posts/threads. This one's nearly three years old.

As for your issue - more info required. What's your setup and how's it configured?

Posted Sat 09 Apr 16 @ 9:09 pm
I'm using Virtual DJ 8 for OS X, an Alesis MultiMix 4 USB mixer for my mic and headphones. VDJ's master is set to the USB codec as well as the mic. I do want the music playback over the USB mixer, just not the mic playback since I already get that live in the mixer headphone channel. \

(EDIT) Nevermind, I just figured it out. Simply setting the audio to external mixer solved this. Not sure why I didn't try that before.

Posted Sun 10 Apr 16 @ 10:01 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)