Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: xml script skin switch

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

how does one make an action buttoin that switches the skin in the zip file i know its suppose to be switch_skin_variation but just cant get it to work

Posted Tue 11 Jun 13 @ 6:19 pm
ok so it works a s a mapper

switch_skin_variation 'touchmixer'

but not a s a button
<button action ="switch_skin_variation'touchmixer'">

Posted Tue 11 Jun 13 @ 7:02 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
The switch_skin_variation action is not changing the zip file. It only switches to another xml file that is available in the same zip file.
So if you have a zip file that includes 2 skins (2 xml and 2 bmp), you can use this action to choose one or the other.
Example..
Your zip file has these files
2DecksView1440x900.xml
2DecksView1440x900.bmp
4DecksView1440x900.xml
4DecksView1440x900.bom

then the action switch_skin_variation "4Decks" will load the second skin.

The action is not designed to change/select skins. To do that, you will still need to go to CONFIg-->Skins tab.
it is designed to override the limitation that the LE versions have (can not change skin with them). So for example the DDJ-WeGO Skin that came with the LE version has multiple skin files (different colors) and those could not be included in a single skin (it would be huge). So those skins are included in the same skin/zip file and the action helps user to select the skin (background color) from a menu.

Btw, the action above is missing a space. It should be .. <button action ="switch_skin_variation 'touchmixer'">

Posted Tue 11 Jun 13 @ 8:20 pm
yes thats how i thought it worked and does as the keyboard mapper but once i try codeing itno the skin it dosent the example you gave dosent work but does in keyboard mapping it makes no sence!

Posted Wed 12 Jun 13 @ 3:06 am
Facepalm* ahhh any skiners having problems getting buttons to work make sure the version number in your skin file is set for the version of vdj your using and not like me who thought it was a reference to the version number of the skin hahaha

Posted Sun 16 Jun 13 @ 9:31 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)