Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Auto mix specific layout for skin designed for gamers using 2 monitors

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

patpvp1ControlleristMember since 2011

just using paint to cut and paste stuff for a few min i got a general layout going, the idea is to have a good easy view and access of the auto mix bar towards the top, replacing volume buttons with fader bars for keybinds.

this is a very Rough concept and needs alot more work!

i couldn't decide how to go about dealing with the initial volumes of the tracks although i have an idea of how to work towards it

since this is going to be specifically for auto mixing it's going to need a layout that provides better cue scenarios to give the person time to add a few songs inbetween doing whatever task at hand so mixing doesn't consume their full attention.

moving on, you can see that i removed the play pause cue buttons and put faders on 5/6 of the decks shown.

this was to minimize work in order to make sure the next track has a correct fade, the fade bars would need to be modified to a duration rather then a volume and then showing the duration as a highlighted cue point on the track that is located directly below them allowing a better idea visually of what is going on with the ease of a few buttons

i put the cue points atop of the 6 decks in order to preserve the idea of modification to a previously saved list giving more utility so each song can be pushed to a seperate cue point, if not needing a skip button.

at the same time it could also use the abuility to sample the fade durations on a big enough visual to make sure there aren't unwanted beats being left over. which is why i left 2 deck visual displays towards the right under the sound wave feed cue mixer. which was enlarged for easy access.

Posted Thu 02 May 13 @ 2:50 am

Posted Thu 02 May 13 @ 2:51 am
maybe it's just me but the auto mix feature is way under used in my opinion and is my favorite aspect of this program all together. to set up a playlist and then slowly edit it during the duration.

a more tailored UI for this specific feature would be awesome.

Posted Thu 02 May 13 @ 10:14 am
this is just an image of cut and pasted features to get a concept going, nothing more

Posted Fri 03 May 13 @ 4:37 pm

Posted Fri 03 May 13 @ 5:58 pm
Not a lot of people I've talked to realize that the auto mix feature is great for when your wanting to have mixed music while doing things on the computer, using the auto mixer as more of a edited playlist generator that could have a good level of editing added to it. not to mention it's a good way to find things to mix together just listening to a consistent stream of music that is easy to manage.

another small update: http://imageshack.us/a/img834/6476/vdjgutforautomixlayout.png

Posted Fri 03 May 13 @ 6:43 pm
the idea will be to move towards a re scaling window that can be used efficiently without clicking if possible by someone with 200-600 APM going from window to window without disrupting game play enough to cause frustration.

hopefully everything can be moved into 1 box and displays a visual reference based on what function is being used at any given time based on a duration of the key-bind being used. fast enough binds being pressed will not activate the window to give visual references on certain things. there will need to be a default selection of windows that will be displayed at any given time.

optional image instead of real time refresh could be an option. to reduce high speed request latency.

another little update - http://imageshack.us/a/img801/6476/vdjgutforautomixlayout.png

Posted Sat 04 May 13 @ 10:48 am

Posted Sun 05 May 13 @ 3:07 pm

Posted Sun 12 May 13 @ 12:06 pm
side note - i think it would be cool to add in functionality with the new xbox illumiroom. something along the lines of controlled presets using alternative key modifier binds to utilize effects.

Posted Sun 12 May 13 @ 12:10 pm
you should really just use mixmeister It is much more powerful than VDJ7 at automixing... VDJ8 should change that with the timeline. For now if you learn a little xml you could make your skin with an existing one and a little help from the wiki

VDJ8 Video

Posted Sun 12 May 13 @ 12:44 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)