Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Please help... RMX2: map the standard VDJ filter to a pad (and knob for parameters) ..

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi there,

I'm a relatively new user to both VDJ and the RMX2. I'm trying my best to learn VDJ script but I'm a little confused...

When I try to add a filter (non-standard) to an effects pad, everything is fine, HOWEVER, when I map the "filter" feature (standard VDJ filter) to a pad, nothing happens when I hit the pad.

Is the standard "filter" feature in VDJ even considered an effect that can be added to a knob or would I have to use some OTHER filter effect for this to work?

Ideally, I'd like to map the standard filter feature in VDJ to the BASS EQ KNOB (when holding shift). I'd like to map the same thing to both sides of the controller (both bass eq knobs)

Thanks in advance!!
Nick

Posted Sat 27 Apr 13 @ 3:35 pm
it's not an effect. just map

var '$shift' ? filter : eq_low

this will only work in the Pro version or during the trial

Posted Sat 27 Apr 13 @ 6:21 pm
synthet1c wrote :

What exactly do I "map" it to... in other words, where do I input this? I'm sorry for being ignorant on this topic ....

and thank you!!!!

Posted Sat 27 Apr 13 @ 10:09 pm
synthet1c wrote :

The reason I ask is, when I map that command to the EQ_LOW knob, it doesn't work... (the EQ_LOW functionality works, but the shifted filter does not)

Posted Sat 27 Apr 13 @ 10:30 pm

Posted Sat 27 Apr 13 @ 10:47 pm

Posted Sat 27 Apr 13 @ 11:01 pm

Posted Sat 27 Apr 13 @ 11:35 pm
Thanks but that doesn't work, as I said. It works when mapping filter to a BUTTON or PITCH SLIDER but not to any knob (shifted or otherwise).

Posted Sat 27 Apr 13 @ 11:38 pm
try this

var 'shift' ? filter : eq_low

also your shift button needs to say this if you have changed it from the default

set 'shift' 1 while_pressed & set '$shift' 1 while_pressed

Posted Sat 27 Apr 13 @ 11:44 pm
You will need to upgrade to the full VirtualDJ Professional to be able to custom map your RMX2 once your Pro trial has expired. VirtualDJ LE is free limited software and doesn't support custom mapping.

You can upgrade at a considerable discount by going to http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html

Posted Sun 28 Apr 13 @ 10:58 am
synthet1c wrote :
try this

var 'shift' ? filter : eq_low

also your shift button needs to say this if you have changed it from the default

THAT DID IT??? YOU, sir, are a genius!!

Thank you very much!

Posted Sun 28 Apr 13 @ 11:59 am
Support staff wrote :
You will need to upgrade to the full VirtualDJ Professional to be able to custom map your RMX2 once your Pro trial has expired. VirtualDJ LE is free limited software and doesn't support custom mapping.

You can upgrade at a considerable discount by going to http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html

I'm aware, yes, thank you. I am actually using a friend's full version to test to see if I like it. Looks like I'll be upgrading my own software to Pro in the coming days or weeks.

LOVE IT!!

Posted Sun 28 Apr 13 @ 11:59 am
nickE10mmDJ wrote :
I am actually using a friend's full version to test to see if I like it

That's illegal and your friend is violating their end user license agreement by lending it to you: http://www.virtualdj.com/atomixproductions/disclaimer.html

Quote :
This license does NOT allow you to:
- rent, lease, sell, lend, distribute, publish, bundle or sublicense the Software or any part of it.
- rent, lease, sell, lend or distribute hardware on which the Software is installed, unless specifically authorised by Atomix Productions.
- electronically transfer the Software from one computer to another or over a network.
- decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, or otherwise reduce the Software to a human-perceivable form.
- modify the Software or create derivative works based upon the Software.

Please remove this illegal installation immediately (Or return your friend's computer if you are borrowing it.) Failure to do so could result in your friend's license being cancelled.

You can either use the 20 day trial of Pro built into VirtualDJ LE (If you haven't already used it) or VirtualDJ Home FREE to test for 10 minutes at a time: http://www.virtualdj.com/products/homefree.html

Posted Sun 28 Apr 13 @ 12:12 pm
It's on his machine not mine and he is at home now. I still have LE on my machine. You can rest assured that I do NOT intend on violating any piracy law or rule. Ill continue using my LE version until I save up my $150 to go Pro. I can't wait!

Thanks

Posted Sun 28 Apr 13 @ 12:14 pm
mydjcjPRO InfinityMember since 2012
Used the script: var 'shift' ? filter : eq_low and it works but disables the eq knob permanently on controller unless shift is pressed for filter. Is this normal and if so is there a way to correct this so the eq works again after shift is disengaged? Thanks

Posted Wed 28 May 14 @ 2:11 pm
mydjcj wrote :
Used the script: var 'shift' ? filter : eq_low and it works but disables the eq knob permanently on controller unless shift is pressed for filter. Is this normal and if so is there a way to correct this so the eq works again after shift is disengaged? Thanks

Yea... I had the same problem. The key to making this work is that you ALSO have the map your SHIFT button (in addition to the EQ_LOW knob).

map your SHIFT button in the config as follows:

Once you have BOTH mappings done (both the SHIFT and EQ_LOW) then it should work fine.

Posted Wed 28 May 14 @ 4:23 pm
If you are using VirtualDJ v8, then please bear in mind that when using a mapping like this on an absolute knob such as an EQ knob, soft-takeover will be applied if there is a mismatch between the hardware and software knob positions. E.g: The low EQ knob is currently at 12 o'clock and you hold SHIFT and move it to 9 o'clock to apply filter, but release SHIFT before turning it back to its original 12 o'clock position.

You will need to turn the knob back to the correct position as indicated by the transparent ghost knob on v8 skins before you can make any further adjustments.

NOTE: VirtualDJ v7 doesn't have soft-takeover on EQ and filter, so if you are using this mapping in v7, the knob will instantly jump to the new position. This might cause a sudden excessive increase/decrease in low EQ to be applied if you don't manually turn the knob back to its original position after you have finished using the filter.

Posted Thu 29 May 14 @ 4:00 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)