Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: [VDJ SKIN HELP] Visuals

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Howdy all! I'm new to posting in the forum, so I have to apologize in advance if this has already been discussed at some point previously. Any assistance with my question would greatly be appreciated -- I've been stuck on this problem for days now and am literally going nuts! I cannot figure it out for the life of me.

I just need help making the blue triangle in Deck 1 rotate while the Twisted Needle is stationary (refer to photo). I've tried everything and am not sure what I am doing wrong -- nothing seems to work. If someone would kindly help me with this, I would highly appreciate it. This is my very first skin and I do have a fully registered version of Skin Creator.

My next question is regarding the xml file and the language it uses such as rotation, etc. Is there a detailed guide explaining all the definitions and what to use, this way it can better help me with future skin creations.

Sorry for the long message everybody and thanks in advance for helping me!!! woot! =)

Posted Fri 26 Apr 13 @ 3:17 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
You need to have 2 jogwheels graphics in your skin.
One as the image above (<down> graphics) and one without the triangle (<up> graphics).
Also you will need a B/W graphics , where the triangle will be black, and the rest of the area white (<mask> graphics)

<visual panel="leftdeck1" type="rotation" source="deck 1 get rotation">
<size width="79" height="79"/>
<pos x="333" y="205"/>
<up x="333" y="205"/> (jogwheel without the triangle)
<down x="333" y="+800"/> (jogwheel with the triangle)
<clipmask x="333" y="1289"/> (a black circle to draw the element and white the rest of it)
<mask x="333" y="1571"/> (black triangle, white all the rest)
</visual>

Some Wiki pages related to skins....
http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Skin%20SDK%20.html
http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/VDJscript_verbs.html

I would recommend to study other skins, and see how they handle several cases. The Skin Creator is a great tool to make a few skins, but if you need to go deeper, it wont help you much.

Good luck.

Posted Fri 26 Apr 13 @ 9:08 pm
djdad wrote :
You need to have 2 jogwheels graphics in your skin.
One as the image above (<down> graphics) and one without the triangle (<up> graphics).
Also you will need a B/W graphics , where the triangle will be black, and the rest of the area white (<mask> graphics)

<visual panel="leftdeck1" type="rotation" source="deck 1 get rotation">
<size width="79" height="79"/>
<pos x="333" y="205"/>
<up x="333" y="205"/> (jogwheel without the triangle)
<down x="333" y="+800"/> (jogwheel with the triangle)
<clipmask x="333" y="1289"/> (a black circle to draw the element and white the rest of it)
<mask x="333" y="1571"/> (black triangle, white all the rest)
</visual>

Some Wiki pages related to skins....
http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Skin%20SDK%20.html
http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/VDJscript_verbs.html

I would recommend to study other skins, and see how they handle several cases. The Skin Creator is a great tool to make a few skins, but if you need to go deeper, it wont help you much.

Good luck.

Thanks so much for your information, really appreciate all of this. You saved me a world of headaches. I will try and get it going in the next few days and let you know how it went.

I have one last question regarding the visuals - Is there a way to make it so that when the deck is empty, a black and white graphic shows as the turntable and when a song is put on the deck, the turntable lights up? Please kindly let me know what I have to change or look for in the code. Thanks in advance for this help! Best regards.

Posted Sun 28 Apr 13 @ 7:11 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
You need to create 2 panels like...

<panel id="panelname1" group="groupname" visible="deck 1 loaded">
</panel>
and
<panel id="panelname2" group="groupname" visible="deck 1 loaded ? false : true">
</panel>

Those 2 panels need to be in the same group and have the same <pos> and <size> The first one will be visible if deck 1 is loaded and the second one when not. Then use those 2 panels to display whatever you need dpending if the deck is loaded or not.

Posted Sun 28 Apr 13 @ 7:28 pm
djdad,

I\'ve spent 2 days trying to get the triangle part to move and I finally got it moving. The problem now lies with trying to only show the triangle and not the deck behind it. Or if I have to show the deck behind it, I cannot seem to make it the same size as the other decks. The needle also spins in a wide area and not just to one solid area (the middle of the turntable). As you can see, there is a square around the needle which I\'m assuming this is the mask part? I don\'t know how to fix it so it fills the entire turntable... Any help with this would be awesome. Thanks for all you\'ve done man!

Posted Thu 02 May 13 @ 8:51 am
I would like to dive deeper into the VDJ Skin Creation but was wondering what is the best program to use that everybody on here is using? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Posted Sun 05 May 13 @ 5:12 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)