Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Write Video Tags

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Posted Fri 26 Apr 13 @ 10:50 am
Has anyone come up with a program to batch write tags to mp4 yet?

Posted Sat 27 Apr 13 @ 6:08 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I've used MP3Tag in the past to write MP4 tags.

Posted Sat 27 Apr 13 @ 6:54 pm
Sbdj will that convert my current tags in vdj automatically for me?

Posted Sun 28 Apr 13 @ 12:12 pm
MediaMonkey 4 does a good job...

Roy

Posted Sun 28 Apr 13 @ 4:06 pm
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
djjohnnyrox wrote :
Sbdj will that convert my current tags in vdj automatically for me?

You will have to Reload from tags within VDJ to update the new tag information...

Posted Sun 28 Apr 13 @ 11:09 pm
What I am trying to do is use the info I have already entered in Vdj and have it write the id3 tag. I have about 3500 mp4's that I have the info filled out in Vdj, but when I import the mp4's into itunes the fields are blank. Phantom Dj has a program which reads the xml file and writes the tags, but it doesn't work for mp4.

Any suggestions are appreciated

Johnny

Posted Mon 29 Apr 13 @ 1:15 pm
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Your best bet right now would be to update your tags within iTunes and then relaod from tags into VDJ, it doesn't work the other way around, even if you use Mp3tag which will do video tags the changes won't update in iTunes that I know of,... unless you reimport them all,.. and there goes your file history,.... but you could update VDJ from file tags using Mp3tag...

I n VDJ file Info menu, if you pull up a file you'll see a dowm arrow by each data field, if you click on each down arrow the data will write to your tag, but the down side is you will have to do each data field individually because there is no global tag update available.., Hopefully this feature might be added in V8..?

This also is an issue with the File Name field, You can updated the FileName from the file info tag menu within VDJ individually, but you can't update a batch of files at once...

Lets hope this will be addressed soon...

Posted Tue 30 Apr 13 @ 10:24 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)